Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blinded woman gets to put acid in attacker's eyes
Court's sentence stemming from 2004 attack to be carried out in Tehran

An Iranian man found guilty of using acid to blind a woman who refused to marry him now will have the same done to him as punishment — and she'll be the one who carries out the sentence, her lawyer says.
Bahrami was disfigured and blinded in 2004 when Movahedi threw acid in her face as she returned home from work, the Guardian reported. After Movahedi admitted to the attack, Bahrami asked a court to order an eye-for-an-eye retribution, under the Islamic law system of "qisas."
The court did so in November 2008, calling for five drops of sulfuric acid to be placed in each of his eyes.
Iranian officials have endorsed the sentence, hoping to stop an increase in acid attacks, the Guardian said
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4302992...t/blinded-woman-gets-put-acid-attackers-eyes/

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If an eye for an eye was world wide law... then the whole world would eventually be blind.
Some quotation like that...

Basically the Iranians need a law that protects the women and the Iranian boys need to be taught how to respect women and not think of them as pets to abuse and use as they see fit.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How islamaphobic of you Ma carver. You're just saying that because it is happening in Iran. Men abusing women happens all the time here in the united states and I haven't noticed you speaking up about it. You probably don't mind when men in the states do it and it is only because muslim men do it that you get upset. I bet Bill Mattocks and Bob Hubbard can find endless stats that show muslim men actually abuse women less than american men. This irrational fear of islam is just irrational. What do you want to do, put them in jail just because they are muslims? Bob and Bill can probably find dozens of storeis of women not only abused but killed by american men and you sit there and say nothing about those. Is it just because the man was a muslim that you think he should be punished?

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
boy thats a tough one.
I would prefer the institute the death penalty and put the guy to death rather then disfigure him and put him into a lifetime of blindness where he is most likely going to be a burdon on other people for at least a fair portion of time.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How islamaphobic of you Ma carver. You're just saying that because it is happening in Iran. Men abusing women happens all the time here in the united states and I haven't noticed you speaking up about it. You probably don't mind when men in the states do it and it is only because muslim men do it that you get upset. I bet Bill Mattocks and Bob Hubbard can find endless stats that show muslim men actually abuse women less than american men. This irrational fear of islam is just irrational. What do you want to do, put them in jail just because they are muslims? Bob and Bill can probably find dozens of storeis of women not only abused but killed by american men and you sit there and say nothing about those. Is it just because the man was a muslim that you think he should be punished?

Is it impossible for you to take a serious subject like this and not make sarcastic remarks? It really is quite offensive that you can take a subject like the abuse of women and turn it into another of your attacks on people here. :disgust:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm ok with this.
For a number of reasons.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
At first reading, I thought I was in ****ing bizzaro-world...

Then I wised up.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How islamaphobic of you Ma carver. You're just saying that because it is happening in Iran. Men abusing women happens all the time here in the united states and I haven't noticed you speaking up about it. ?
I strongly recommend you do a long DEEP search in to my posts of the past here on MT before saying I have no care for ANY woman who has been beaten by ANY man.
Others here longer than you know of my distaste of violence against women... or children.

I point out the Iranians specifically because the thread itself SPECIFICALLY speaks of the tragedy happening in Iran. So I speak thus to maintain focus.

Were I to speak of the same tragedy that happens all over the world then this reply would indeed be long.

Oh and it's CAVER not CARVER.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread locked for becoming a major mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.