Bibletown USA?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If no existing residents were displaced by creating this township, then there is no problem with its existance. People can certianly vote with their feet. If they wish to segregate themselves, based on religion, while I think it is a bad idea, they are free and able to do so.

Originally, the town was going to ban the sale of contraceptives at the local pharmacies. That was changed under the appropriate threat of legal action. If the town attempts to write into law religious doctrine, there will and should be legal action. And the town will lose.

And, of course, when town laws and covenants come into conflict with state laws and covenants the town will lose. When town laws and covenants come into conflict with federal laws and covenants, the town will lose.

All in all, it is a dumb idea. But, for people who have more money than brains, the world awaits dumb ideas.

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
My 2 favs part of the article were about a gay couple moving in. The family said they wouldn't mind. Appartnetly they forgot that it says in Exodus that homosexuals need to be burned alive in their bed. If you're ignoring that, why make a town themed around that religion?
Next, the line "there is no other place like this in the world". Apparently, the Vatican City doesn't count as a religous city.
But, what do I know?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Next, the line "there is no other place like this in the world". Apparently, the Vatican City doesn't count as a religous city.
But, what do I know?

ROFL - Wry Wit 1 Religious Zealotry 0 :tup:

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sukerkin man, if only you knew. I have filled a note book up with a list of quotes from the Bible. All these quotes contradtic one anouther, or the modern teachings of the Church. Or, they beg questions that the Church has conveintly forgotten to answer.
But, dont think that i'm anti-Christian. I have filled anouther notebook with quotes from the Bible that make sense, and are quite agreeable. I'm trying to come to some form of religous understanding, and started with Catholicism, so you know.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My 2 favs part of the article were about a gay couple moving in. The family said they wouldn't mind. Appartnetly they forgot that it says in Exodus that homosexuals need to be burned alive in their bed. If you're ignoring that, why make a town themed around that religion?

If I only had a nickel for every Joe who believed Exodus and Leviticus were the current Law...

But, what do I know?

If you admit to not knowing, why the condescending tone? When I don't know something, I usually don't approach the subject with such an attitude. I know if I did that in my martial arts class, my teacher would put me in my place. Haven't we learned anything from our MA training, like open mindedness?

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I only had a nickel for every Joe who believed Exodus and Leviticus were the current Law...

If you admit to not knowing, why the condescending tone? When I don't know something, I usually don't approach the subject with such an attitude. I know if I did that in my martial arts class, my teacher would put me in my place. Haven't we learned anything from our MA training, like open mindedness?

Part one, I know. It's a little creepy.

The "what do I know" line is sarcasim. I appologise if I angered you.

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just making sure. So, what kind of atheist are you?

Latest Discussions