Beverage of choice?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering this is a 'bar', abet an electronic one, I thought it would be a good place to swap drink ideas, both alchoholic and non-alchoholic in nature.

My prefered beverage is tea. Currently, Bubble Tea, though I've yet to fins anything to beat a glass of fresh brewed iced tea with a twist of lemon and a lightly crushed sprig of mint.

For those evenings out, Long Island Iced Tea is a definate good thing...though I'm partial to a fine aged mead.

:cheers:

T

TheRustyOne

Bubble tea?? Never heard of that one!

Hm...i'm not sure if i have a favorite...can't go wrong with soda.

but for a buzz give me a smirnoff triple black or another malt *grin* (yes, i can get buzzed off one...*sigh* such a lightweight..)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...my drink is the Alabama Slammer...but I also enjoy Smirnoff Triple Black...or a Kahlua and creme....mmmm...alcoholic chocolate milk....;)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
Bubble tea?? Never heard of that one!

Hm...i'm not sure if i have a favorite...can't go wrong with soda.

but for a buzz give me a smirnoff triple black or another malt *grin* (yes, i can get buzzed off one...*sigh* such a lightweight..)

Bubbletea info: http://www.brightest-star.net/bubbletea/

also: http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=what.html
The U.S. is also now feeling the growth. Hundreds of locations serve Bubble Tea in California alone. You may be wondering, "What is Bubble Tea and how did this all begin"?

Bubble Tea originated in Taiwan in the early 1980's at a small tea stand.
Elementary school children would look forward to buying a cup of refreshing tea after a long, hard day of work and play. Tea stands were set up in front of the schools and would compete for business with the best selling tea. One concession owner became popular with her tea when she started adding different fruit flavoring to her tea. Because of the sweet and cool taste, children loved the taste. Soon, other concessions heard about the "unique" and popular tea, so they started to add flavoring to their teas. When adding flavor, the tea and flavoring needed to be shaken well for a good all around taste. This formed bubbles in the drink, which came to be known as "Bubble Tea."

In 1983 Liu Han-Chieh introduced Taiwan to tapioca pearls. The new fad was to add tapioca pearls into a favorite drink. Most of the time tapioca pearls were served in cold infused tea. After the tea and flavor were shaken well, it topped tapioca pearls that were sitting on the bottom of a clear cup. The tapioca pearls also looked like bubbles, thus also became to known as "Bubble Tea." Bubbles floated on the top your drink and bottom of your drink.

Its good stuff...I keep telling my 1 shop, add a shot of rum to their PinaCollada bubble tea....heh..... *hic* :D

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
favorite alcohol drink: margarita or pina colada
favorite shot: oatmeal cookie
favorite non-alcohol drink: iced tea or horchata

T

TheRustyOne

I dislike wine -- except two. an apple and a blueberry from Maryland that i had a bit of over thanksgiving last year.

alabama slammers are good, but i haven't taken many shots in my life -- so far :rolleyes:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I like my Alabama's....along with Buttery Nipples....3/4 Butterscotch Schnapps, 1/4 Bailey's, don't mix...the Bailey's sits on the top...yum yum. ;)

P

pknox

Beer is always good. I'm partial to IPAs, amber lagers, and stouts. But if you're mixing drinks, look for Goya Lemon-Lime soda (it should be in the "Spanish foods" section of the supermarket) -- it has just the right amount of tartness in it to perfectly blend with gin, tequila, or both. Chill and sip.

P

pknox

Originally posted by Chronuss
...I'm not down with tequilla...any drink where an animal lives in it is not on my list...:shrug:

I guess you won't be drinking any of our tap water here in NJ then either. ;)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well it doesn't take much to make me all warm and fuzzy feeling ;)

I used to drink Dewar's .. then went on a Martini phase .. man those can kick you when you don't expect it~!

Tanqueray and Tonic back when...

Koolaid shots.. *blinks*
Kahlua n' a dash of cream.. or the black russians.. Drink a few of those and you don't know where you are...or really care..

Wine does weird things to my brain *chortles*

Used to do the beer thing.. but gave up all carbonated beverages a few years ago..
no sodas or anything bubbly..

Fruitworks, Tangerine citrus.. Watermelon Ice Gatorade..
Sweet Tea only during the day..cuz the caffeine makes me nuts.. :)
Coffee with french vanilla creamer.. fat free of course ..
and pretty much any fruit juice

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
I think this is the wrong forum for that....:rofl:

...I would have never thought that. ;) [/B]

it's a bar.. so there.. I can get all warm an fuzzy here if I want to.. *ahhh memories ;)

*makes a face at you... *sips my gatorade*

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
it's a bar.. so there.. I can get all warm an fuzzy here if I want to.. *ahhh memories ;)

*makes a face at you... *sips my gatorade*

ack....::turns to stone::......little help here....please...anyone..