Best lightsaber fight

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I decided as for entertainment that we could post our opinions on the best Light saber fight on youtube.

I vote this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
The effects look good, but the acting is pretty bad. You can see one guy slowing his blade to meet the other a couple times, their movements are pretty stilted too. I guess they just didn't find the rhythm.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The effects, camera work, music, and sound are superb. I agree with Omar, these guys should leave the acting together.

pmosiun1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I decided as for entertainment that we could post our opinions on the best Light saber fight on youtube.

I vote this one.

Star Wars 6, Vader vs Luke.

Last edited by a moderator:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The effects look good, but the acting is pretty bad. You can see one guy slowing his blade to meet the other a couple times, their movements are pretty stilted too. I guess they just didn't find the rhythm.
True that, but still pretty fair for amateur film making and choreography for the sword/saber fights.

Sword fighting scenes in movies are always done as carefully as possible because there is that real danger of the blade actually hurting someone. One or both actors can get really fired up in a heated moment (of the scene) and go "too far" before they or anyone else can stop them.

Imagine the difficulty of choreographing large battle scenes involving swords and other weaponry i.e. Braveheart, Ran, Gladiator (opening battle scene), et al. Same for individual conflicts like from Princess Bride, Captain Blood, Pirates of the Caribbean, et al.
Read somewhere that probably (one of) the most realistic sword fights was Errol Flynn's "Adventures Of Robin Hood" where he battled Basil Rathbone.

Still these efforts are admirable at best. For most of these amateur film makers they've must be given at least an E for effort.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True that, but still pretty fair for amateur film making and choreography for the sword/saber fights.

Sword fighting scenes in movies are always done as carefully as possible because there is that real danger of the blade actually hurting someone. One or both actors can get really fired up in a heated moment (of the scene) and go "too far" before they or anyone else can stop them.

Imagine the difficulty of choreographing large battle scenes involving swords and other weaponry i.e. Braveheart, Ran, Gladiator (opening battle scene), et al. Same for individual conflicts like from Princess Bride, Captain Blood, Pirates of the Caribbean, et al.
Read somewhere that probably (one of) the most realistic sword fights was Errol Flynn's "Adventures Of Robin Hood" where he battled Basil Rathbone.

Still these efforts are admirable at best. For most of these amateur film makers they've must be given at least an E for effort.
For some reason that made me think of this movie.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score

One of the best swordfights in film is in Rob Roy, especially the end where Liam neeson and Tim Roth fought.

Roth's double was Nick Gillard, the same guy who did the lightsaber training for Episode's 1,2 and 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Roy_(film)

One of the best swordfights in film is in Rob Roy, especially the end where Liam neeson and Tim Roth fought.

Roth's double was Nick Gillard, the same guy who did the lightsaber training for Episode's 1,2 and 3.

Awesome swordwork, and it resparked my intrest in European martial arts.

I also loved the sword work (and most of the fighting) in Rome.

Except for them for some reason not showing much Pillum throwing in the large battle scenes, it was a pretty good representation of how Roman's most likely fought and Armatura technique.

Latest Discussions