Backache

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
This week only one TKD session I could atend, yestarday don't know what hapened I hurt my back. It was early in the morning when taking the girls to school I grabed both girls's school bags with my right arm (jezz those bags were heavy) lift them both ran downstais to the car's trunk and when put them in the trunk I felt like a hot nail going trough my midde back.

It's dificult to sit down and to stand up and too difficult to stand from bed. I just call the doctor and he told me to take a NANOXOL pill every 8 hours and to put SINALGIA spray in my back once a day.

Just emailed to sambunim to let him know my back condition and doctor said no exercise for a few days.

Who say's the way to heaven is not a torn one?

Manny

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you've hurt yourself - remember to take the time you need to heal; if you go back too soon, then you're much more likely to reinjure yourself and take even longer to heal completely.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The back is nothing to make light of, make sure it is completely healed before returning to practice.
icon10.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Listen to Kacey and Terry.

I hurt my back many years ago and thought I could go back to training before my MD said I could... I was much smarter than he was when I was in my 20s. I did eventually end up in the hospital and out of MA for a few years and it still bothers me from time to time.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been there Manny. Just taking a stack of quickie reports to Human Resources a few weeks ago, I gave them the reports, walked out the door, and then noticed I felt a sharp pain near my spine. Pulled the muscles again.

It's a real bummer.

Good thing is, once you warm up some, alot of the pain will go away. Once you cool down... it comes back!

It will take a week or two to heal fully.

As for working out, take a few days off (as they said) from exercise, then get back in, but not to hard, and work your way back up.

Deaf

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I wanted to go dojan but I'd better didn't because I felt unconfortable with my back so I went to have a cofee with my mom who had an accident (she's good and recovering), right now I'm on medication and will try to not do anykind of effort and try to relax. Remeber when I posted about my body hurts a few days back? been 40 and overweight it's gona cost me some pain (if not a lot off) the thing that really pisess me on is to stay away from dojan, I relly like to work out and do some kicks and punches. Let's see how I feel till next monday.

Manny

cbjr5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Depending on the severity of your back injury, it seems once your back is out you'll always have pain. I slipped a disc in my back in 94 and since then my back has never been the same. With proper therapy and excercise you should recover. I was doing good with my back till last Nov when I re injured it, putting me out for two month. Probably my fault for letting my self go. Now, I'm back to doing my daily activities and even TKD. I still have some bad days, but do my best to warm up and stretch out my back. Just don't rush back in and take the time off your doctor said to take off, get your Back back!!

I too really enjoy going to TKD and the workout, so I know how you feel when you are missing class. I had to miss a week of class due to my work schedule and some personal matters this week. I'm looking forward to Monday to get back in the swing of things.

Latest Discussions