Back in Action

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am back at Tae Kwon Do again :)

For those of you that do not know I was sidelined a year ago due to really high blood pressure (205/155). I saw my cardiologist yesterday and he said that everything was OK with my heart and I can start training again. In fact, I am starting to come off of some medications because my blood pressure is a little low. I need the exercise even more now, I became diabetic (type 2) about a month ago. On the bright side, I lost 20 Lbs and I can do jumping kicks better now.

For the past year I have been doing forms and some kicking in our basement. As a consequence of this I know a couple of forms above my belt level which might come in handy one day.

My first class in a year was last night, it was tiring but good. I am glad to be back.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool. I'm glad some of your helalth issues are resovling and you can get back to training. :)

Peace,
Erik

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back. Good to hear your health is improving. :)

OP
igillman

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yes it is good to be back in classes again. I am still not allowed to strain myself too much and when I told our instructor this he said "Please do not die in class.".

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brilliant! That must have been a very worrying time for you, good to see you back. :)

Latest Discussions