AVI to GIF?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone know of an AVI to GIF conversion tool or method? I've googled it a few times and end up with software I have to pay for to use only once or twice.

Thanks

-Josh

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
wouldn't that be a tad difficult? as avi is a series of pics at a high frame rate, a gif is a few select clips played at a low frame rate, like our moving smilies.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You could always extract the frames you want manually and animate them.

There may be a program somewhere, but searching it out might take longer then doing it manually ;)

OP
D

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought so too, but I wanted to see if it was possible. After reading up a bit on it, you can set some software to skip frames. That and the clip I am trying to convert is only 2.4 seconds long.

Andew I have done that in the past, but I am getting lazy, and the quality seems to go down when I extract the frames.

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
It is easy to convert AVI to .gifs and you can do that with PSP's Animation Shop 3....

You can find that here:
Animation Shop 3

What it does is take video clips (i.e. mpeg1, avi and breaks it down to frames whereas you can make the animated gifs.)

I use it quite frequently if I want a small sample of a video placed on a site instead of having a larger video clip.

Then if you are interested in making them into flash - that is a different program all together...
Here is a sample that I made using the Animation Shop 3 and converted mpg1 to gif
barkerbreaking.gif

Latest Discussions