Article on Self Defense from a Police Chief

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Many warriors have told me that the worse thing that could happen is that they would suddenly be in harm's way while their loved ones were with them. If you agree, if you think that is the worst thing that could happen, then that is the most important thing you should prepare for. Consider this real-life case, told to me by one warrior leader, and his amazing warrior wife.

http://www.policeone.com/writers/columnists/calibre-press/articles/1298367/

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I must be feeling even more emotional than usual tonight, Monadock because that article resonated very deeply with me :tup:.

From my own experience I can only add that sometimes things are not cut and dried when it comes to 'assigning' roles.

With my missus I have used the line of reasoning that I am expendable and she is not only to be met with the stonewall that she is not prepared to live if I have to die to ensure it. So we have a terrible compromise in that if I fail to protect us both and die in the attempt then she will seek to avenge me. Appeals to reason that such an attitude will undermine my determination have availed naught - :shrugs:.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
good stuff, thanks for posting that.

Nice to see something from "one of the brass" that's actually pro self-defense.