Arguably the priciest martial arts DVD's ever.

Babook

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For a while there I was waiting for P. Zaichik's DVD on kicking to be released.
He has many good tips on youtube and I want both the information that he has to offer and to support him. Few days ago this video was up on youtube.

I went over to preorder. Hmmmm I am not cheap and thankfully at a point in my life where I have a steady income. The price of 4 DVD's and a book is
over 200 dollars. And this is pre-order. Regular price is over 300 dollars.
I have Century catalog and the DVD's there are 14.95

In a way I feel weird, because I actually wrote to Zaichik asking when the DVD's will comeout. I mean absolutely no disrespect, it's just he price is out of regular range. The only prices like this I can remmeber is Panther Video's 15 years ago, they were 50 dollars each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well at the discount price it would be less than sixty dollars per disk.

While I understand your OP about outside a "normal range" – I guess my question back to you and others here is defining a value on getting an instructional DVD from this guy?

… and what is the purchase value are you (as a martial arts consumer and style practioner) willing to assign to his products?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well at the discount price it would be less than sixty dollars per disk.

While I understand your OP about outside a "normal range" – I guess my question back to you and others here is defining a value on getting an instructional DVD from this guy?

… and what is the purchase value are you (as a martial arts consumer and style practioner) willing to assign to his products?

I'd pay $1000 a DVD if I KNEW that there was material on the DVDs that I could benefit from. It all depends on how much you value your martial arts and your time. I've attended plenty of seminars at $350 a pop where the information taught was material I already knew peripherally but I knew I could still benefit from the additional perspective.

Some of us pay upwards of $20,000 US a year to attend a university. Is that money wasted? Education is education and its value lies in the eyes of the beholder.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not the priciest I've ever seen, no. I've seen DVD sets that cost twice as much, but they offer a buttload of information and are produced by legitimate grandmasters (as opposed to "who's that guy?" McGrandmasters).

Latest Discussions