Are you thankfull?

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
With the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday I thought it might be interesting to see what people are thankfull for from their Martial Arts.

Secondly what are you thankfull for outside of your Martial Arts?

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From my MA: I am thankful for focus and inner peace (though not constant, at least present more often).

Outside MA: My family and children.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am thankfull for

Waking up
my Health
my strange, but loving family
My sense of humor (actually I am probably the only one thankfull for this)
My Dojo and students and teachers
Friends
Good jokes
bad jokes
3 out ta 4 season (Spring sucks)
Night fall
Women
last but not least "thanks for Dinner" (from the punisher movie)

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
With the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday I thought it might be interesting to see what people are thankfull for from their Martial Arts.

Secondly what are you thankfull for outside of your Martial Arts?
I'm thankful that God gave me a body that's able to do martial arts.
I'm thankful that I'm in a martial art that fits the way I think, the way I move and my 'tastes'.
I'm thankful for Great instructors that care so much about me and mine!!!!!
I'm thankful for a great association, people to get to know, learn from and enjoy!!! (www.akki.com)
I'm thankful for a good place to have our school.
I'm thankful for a partner and brother like Brian Hunter to share my martial arts life with!!!!!!!
I'm thankful for all the people that God's brought into my martial arts life, even those that brought me the 'tough' lessons on who NOT to trust.

Outside of martial arts??

I'm extremely thankful and greatful for my BEAUTIFUL and sweet wife and my AWESOME kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey are THE center of my life and the greatest physical/present evidence that my Heavenly Father really loves me a lot!!!
I'm thankful to be an American!!!

There's lots more, but I'm running out of time!

Your Brother
John

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm thankful for a hobby I enjoy and the good friends I've made through it. I would never have met certain people otehrwise!

In general? We got a call last night that a friend's daughter is in a coma after an unexpected series of seizures. I often think how fortunate my family has been.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
We got a call last night that a friend's daughter is in a coma after an unexpected series of seizures.
Jeff, best wishes to them and to your family.

I'm thankful for understanding the need for balance and for the absence of need to understand sometimes. I'm thankful for being shown how important brains are and how more important the heart is without being made a fool of too much.

I'm thankful for everything everyone has ever done for me - even the smallest thing.

I'm thankful for friends who stick with me through even those annoying patches and for my ability to do the same now.

I'm thankful for the love I receive and pain I feel because I learn and grow because of these things.

I'm thankful for my teacher because through his tutelage, I've become a far better person and I still learn every single time I encounter him.

I'm thankful that this art, Hwa Rang Do, has come into my life, even under such a divided state and controversial background. It is an art of unlimited options and while this is excellent for defense, offense, tactical maneuvers, it is also a great parallel for the growth that has occured in my life since I began training with my teacher, a HRD black belt.

I'm thankful to Bob Hubbard who's been very kind to me in providing me opportunities here to learn and grow, a space to advertise my missing mother until she was found, good discussion on the background of Arnis, the honor commanded from having children, my membership here and his tolerance.

I'm thankful to the staff of MT for all they've done before I arrived, during my service, and since. Y'all rock.

I'm thankful for the ladies of the LLR who are so supportive and protective. It is an uncommon thing to have such a trusted area in the internet of all places and calls to a higher meaning and honorability amongst us female martial artists. Some think it's stupid - I call it a haven.

I'm thankful for every breath I take and every moment I have alive, for all the angels I have around me .... jeez.

I'm thankful for everything.

K

KingofSpades

For MA
I am thankful for something that actually got my sorry but into shape, and also gave me something to focus on

Outside MA
My family and my sense of humur

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am thankful for all I have

I am thankful for the lessons I have learned and my ability to pull the good from them.

I am thankful for every person who has been part of my life, I have learned from each and everyone.

I am thankful for my experiences in life, they make us what we are.

I am thankful for MT for its mountain of knowledge and where honest questions are answered with dignity and respect.

I am thankful for the LLR, as well, my haven and the best support I could ask for from other female martial artists. Thanks Bob and Tessfor making it available to us (YOU SO ROCK!)

I guess, I am just thankful. When things get me down and I am feeling rather sorry for myself, I sign on here and read of other peoples demands, problems and stresses in life and it truly makes me reflect and see all the good I have.

:asian: Lisa

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the MA's I am thankful for the chance to increase my knowledge and that I have not had any serious injuries.

Outside of the MA's I am thankful for My Wife, for life, for Jesus, and for the chance to live a good life. I guess I am thankful for everything.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am thankful for my family and friends.

I am thankful that my wife supports me and everything I do or want to do.

I am thankful that I have two healthy boys.

I am thankful for Shimabukuro Sensei who has shown me the true meaning of karate.

I am thankful for this forum and others like it where we can all share ideas.

I am thankful for our men and women in uniform who are willing to fight and die for this country.

I am thankful for the right to choose and I am thankful for our democratic process.

I am thankful for everyday that I.

I am thankful for all 5 of my senses.

I am thankful for the student who says "thank you" at the end of class.

There are a ton more but I do not have the time to write them all!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm Thankfull for my loving family
I'm thankfull that God has given me the insight to do MA
I'm deeply gatefull to my students and instructor
I'm thankfull for my humbleness
I'm thankfull to my peers and the knowledge they have given me

But most important I'm thankfull to all the wonderful people that MA has brought in front of me, some MA"ers, but alot are just wonderful kids with the purity that comes from withen.

Terry

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good thread :)

For MA: I'm thankful that I am in it period. If I wasn't, I'd prolly be a fat lazy drunk or something. I am thankful for all it has taught me, and it helped me to do some self discovery. It also helped me get through tough periods in my life.

For life: I'm thankful to have the greatest mom, and boyfriend that a woman can ask for. Both are my best friends. When my family started to fall apart (from death or over stupid arguements), my mom was always there (and my grandmom, who I forgot to mention). And my friends, and my sister. I'm thankful to be alive. Livestrong ;)

Icewater

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm thankful for beer, puppy breath, cold evenings, and chunky ginger dressing.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My twins will turn 3 on Thanksgiving Day this year. So, outside of MA I'm sure the answer is fairly clear.

Beyond them, I am thankful above all for everything martial arts has given me. My training has been all that has sustained me spiritually through many dark times.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the arts: I'm thankfull for all of the fantastic people that I have had the chance to meet and train with throughout all of my years in the arts. These people are all like a family to me and for that, I'm thankfull to have come across them.

Outside of the arts: I'm thankfull for my health, my friends, family and my wife. They mean the world to me.

Mike