Anyone remember Jem and the Holograms?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
the wife and i were talking about the cartoons we watched as kids in grade school and i asked her about gem.

i am glad i am not the only person to remember this show.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh god...yes, I remember Jem and the Holograms. I also remember NOT liking that cartoon, because it was too "girly". Now...if the music was a little more like your video (not that I'm into metal, but it did fit!), I probably would've tuned in.

Although...I *did* like Josey and the Pussycats. Go figure...

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, my sister used to love that show, we used to fight over watching that or the Transformers.

Lol, showtime synergy.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to love that show! I used to watch it on USA Saturday morning reruns!! Along with the Gummi Bears :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:

Yes I remember. I did not like the cartoon originally. Now if you are bringing it back with stuff like this I am sure it would rock on Adult Swim ;)

Maybe have it played as a small part of "Sin City 2" - The Prequal to Sin City :D

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I LOVED that show. I had the biggest crush on Kimber (the red head who was sister to Jerrica/Jem). I have several fan sites saved in my favorites and still love the show. My sister had the dolls and the cassettes they came with. I still know all the words to almost all of the songs.
Ooooh, does anyone remember Jetta from the Misfits? Yum.

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ArmorOfGod said:
I LOVED that show. I had the biggest crush on Kimber (the red head who was sister to Jerrica/Jem). I have several fan sites saved in my favorites and still love the show. My sister had the dolls and the cassettes they came with. I still know all the words to almost all of the songs.
Ooooh, does anyone remember Jetta from the Misfits? Yum.

LOL the whole Misfits band oozed sex appeal. While Jem and her Holograms were dating pretty-boys like Rio, you just knew the Misfits were definately having "more fun backstage".

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I still remember Jem when it was packaged back-to-back with ... The Inhumanoids! There you go, giant monsters from beneath the Earth following (or preceding) a day-glo, all-girl, glam band.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, back in the mid 1990's I loved the Spice Girls--not because of their music, but because they basically were the Holograms come to life.
Sigh....I miss Scary Spice.

AoG

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ArmorOfGod said:
You know, back in the mid 1990's I loved the Spice Girls--not because of their music, but because they basically were the Holograms come to life.
Sigh....I miss Scary Spice.

AoG

Lol.. A gal I date looks kinda like Scary.

Latest Discussions