"sheen-oh" -jitsu.

I believe it's spelled Chinojitsu.

Just trying to locate a reference.

OP
IWishToLearn

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nope. I'm researching as I've never heard of it, but someone I know claims a long lineage in the style...but wouldn't point me towards any info about it. ;)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are you thinking of Shinjitsu? I am aware of a style spelled that way, but wasn't sure if that is what you meant.

- Ceicei

OP
IWishToLearn

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I took a look at that one, but not quite what I'm looking for. This would have been a style studied 35-40 years ago.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What more do you know about what you are researching? The additional information may help us help you.

- Ceicei

OP
IWishToLearn

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
"Close quarters military style jujitsu, very brutal" is the exact description I was given. I wish I had more. :)

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
could chinojitsu be a style he studied informally because of the racial sperations between whites and nonwhites back in that era? chino is the spanish term for chinese.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Could this be it

Shin-no Shindo Ryu Ju-jutsu
c. 1550
It taught 166 combat techniques.

And if it is, this is all I got so far.

This says Shin no Shindo Ryu (ca. 1770)
http://www.jujutsu.me.uk/jujutsu/jujitsu2.cfm

The Shin no Shindo Ryu is without doubt one of the better known branches of Akiyama's Yoshin Ryu. The founder of this school was Yamamoto Tamizaemon, a doshin (an Edo period policeman) at Osaka Castle at about the time of the eighth and ninth Tokugawa shoguns. Tamizaemon studied Yoshin Ryu with the school's second grandmaster, Oe Senbei, and later developed his own system. From the 303 techniques that comprised the Yoshin Ryu curriculum, he is said to have selected some sixty-eight as the core of his own system. Tamizaemon later moved to Edo, where he became very well known.

Mentioned under Tenjin Shinyo-ryu
http://www.answers.com/topic/tenjin-shinyo-ryu-1
Essentially Tenjin Shinyo-ryu is the amalgamation of two separate systems of jujutsu, the Yoshin-ryu - and Shin No Shindo-ryu

Also mentioned here
Jujitsu History
http://www.jujutsu.me.uk/jujutsu/downloads/files/history.pdf

OP
IWishToLearn

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Negative on the last one. Thanks again everyone, I was just hoping someone else would have found something I didn't. I got several new ones from this thread, but unfortunately none of them were "the hit" hehe. Thanks!

Latest Discussions