anyone heard of AEGIS?

Reaction score
just thought u would like to know about a martial arts i found out about while searching the web

a british martial art , il paste a decription here:

AEGIS is a Mixed Martial Arts system founded by Chief Master Tony Higo, 6th degree Black Belt.
The AEGIS system taught at the National Martial Arts Colleges in the United Kingdom is a Vale Tudo Fighting System based on Ancient Greek 'no rules' Boxing. It combines techniques from Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Ju-jitsu, Boxing, Savate, Kung Fu, Judo, Karate, Krav Maga and Aikido. Students at the college are also taught weapons skills, such as Nunchaku, Escrima and the Japanese Kobudo method of Bowstaff combined with western quarter staff techniques.

chris

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a missile defence system used by the USN, and also a Greek mythological shield ( I think?)

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Origanly Aegis was a Greek hero who was sent on mission by the Greek gods to get a mythic sheild to kill some evil thing (my Greek mythology is rusty). The next major useage of the name was Project Aegis in WWII. Cann't remember what that was all about though.
Intresting about that style. I haven't heard of a martial arts college before though.