Any way to ignore an entire forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Edmund BlackAdder said:
I'd like to block a particular hosted forum from showing up when I do that "new posts" thing. Is there a way to do that? I find it of little value and would rather not see the garbage posted in it.

Thanks
Dude, you crack me up

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've contemplated asking that in the past myself. I'd enjoy the feature

Toasty

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe just dont go there? Isn't that kind of a real life "ignore" feature...? LOL

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the real question you should be asking is...

"If there was a sub-forum on MartialTalk that was full of misinformation, fluff, self-promotion, and personal attacks, shouldn't the adminstrators delete it?"

Alternatively...

"There is one particular forum which significantly reduces MartialTalk's credibility. Could the administrators delete it?"

Or, more directly....

"Can you ban Phil Elmore?"

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:

"If there was a sub-forum on MartialTalk that was full of misinformation, fluff, self-promotion, and personal attacks, shouldn't the adminstrators delete it?"

Alternatively...

"There is one particular forum which significantly reduces MartialTalk's credibility. Could the administrators delete it?"

Or, more directly....

Please allow me a moment to bask in the glory of these wise words...
:asian:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not going to comment on Phil- never had a run- in with him, so I'll stay neutral..., but I understand the "I want to ignore x- thread...!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At the moment, no, there isn't a way. I'm looking into solutions that will satisfy most of the complaints.

Regardless of your opinions of Mr. Elmore, or anyone, please remember our rules.
Thanks.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
At the moment, no, there isn't a way. I'm looking into solutions that will satisfy most of the complaints.

Regardless of your opinions of Mr. Elmore, or anyone, please remember our rules.
Thanks.

Of course Bob you are right he is human by the way.
Terry

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:

Alternatively...

Or, more directly....

green meanie said:
Please allow me a moment to bask in the glory of these wise words...

terryl965 said:
Phil is an over bearing person with no real Ma experience.

Terry

For a group of people so looked up to, you are not setting a very good example. If you don't have anything nice to say... these things are better discussed in PMs, dont you think?

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Phil is an over bearing person with no real Ma experience.
Terry

i'm curious, what do you feel is "real" MA experience? are you saying he's never trained in a mainstream system? if that's the case, half of the people on martialtalk are lacking as well.

what is real? and who are we to judge to anyone for that matter?

if we as humans spent more time focusing on ourselves and less on others, we'd all be better off.

where's the humility?

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sam said:
For a group of people so looked up to, you are not setting a very good example. If you don't have anything nice to say... these things are better discussed in PMs, dont you think?

Sam:

Perhaps this would have been better if handled through PM's. However, I don't think so. I'd pefer to see it out in the open where I could respond when someone is questioning my behavior and credibility and asking for removal of content I've provided.

Also, who the heck looks up to me? Don't look up to me just because I claim to be old or fat or because I have 900+ posts on an internet forum.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For a group of people so looked up to, you are not setting a very good example.

Indeed.

If you don't like my opinions, you can do two things. You can engage me in a discussion of substantive issues, or you an spend your time whining, complaining, and insulting me. The second is the easier and much more popular option, especially among the weak-willed and weak-minded. The former is a lot more productive and might entertain us both.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
The easiest and more civil way to ignore someone is simply putting them in your "ignore" list. You can also hit the RTM button located on top of the post that you feel doesn't meet MT's standards, and the mod's will look into the thread in question and deal with it as they see fit.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Also, who the heck looks up to me? Don't look up to me just because I claim to be old or fat or because I have 900+ posts on an internet forum.

I do. You have many years in my chosen martial art and a lot of experience. I respect that. But I can only speak for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions