Any Martial Arts Gala's coming?

Vaalser4

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to know if there are any martial arts gala's in Western Europe coming in the next months?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a "gala?" A big tournament or a festival of some kind?

OP
Vaalser4

Vaalser4

White Belt
Reaction score
Oh, a festival of some kind. Something like the UK Martial Arts show held in May, or the Budo Gala. Were all kinds of performers show their skills.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do those happen regularly? I've rarely seen one around here (Southeastern USA), and think they'd be fun to go to.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it could be fun, though there was too much emphasis for my taste on celebrity martial artists on that home page.

Yeah, it's like Comicon for martial arts lol. One of them Andy Crittenden is a local instructor and a friend of mine so I could train with him anytime, he also has Bill Wallace do seminars at different times.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like Comicon for martial arts lol. One of them Andy Crittenden is a local instructor and a friend of mine so I could train with him anytime, he also has Bill Wallace do seminars at different times.
Comicon for martial arts. And I want to go. Does that make me a martial arts geek?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Isn't there something like this in Las Vegas every year or so? I've seen clips of Master Ken doing his thing at an event or two.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there something like this in Las Vegas every year or so? I've seen clips of Master Ken doing his thing at an event or two.

Now that would be something to see!

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score

They've got the Martial Arts Supershow, but that's more of an industry business convention.

maryf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i want to know about the upcoming events in martial arts as well :poto:

maryf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thanks for letting me know about martial arts gala, wherever it is :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They've got the Martial Arts Supershow, but that's more of an industry business convention.

What I'm hearing from your post is it's 99% how do I increase my McDojo prowess workshops with a little entertainment thrown in. A ton of jokers running around in flashy 80s-like gis covered with dojo merit badges.

I'm all set.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm hearing from your post is it's 99% how do I increase my McDojo prowess workshops with a little entertainment thrown in. A ton of jokers running around in flashy 80s-like gis covered with dojo merit badges.

I'm all set.
How does "industry business convention" become "McDojo" and "jokers"? Do you at all understand that many instructors both care about the quality of their training and need to make money? Business does not always equal evil.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How does "industry business convention" become "McDojo" and "jokers"? Do you at all understand that many instructors both care about the quality of their training and need to make money? Business does not always equal evil.

I wasn't being serious. A poor attempt at humor on my part.

maryf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Playing and practicing for favorite games can also bring smile and martial arts is my favorite game. martial arts places and practice is now possible as there are so many choices for it.

Latest Discussions