Another section added to the magazine

J

J-kid

I am intrested in helping martialtalk and the MMA out at the same time.

I have a idea for the new magazine we need a MMA section which will talks about up coming fights and diffrent things to do with mma. Maybe in the back it could be a cross between grappling/mma.

I was thinking that maybe a few members and myself could help with that section.
Even though i am no writer i really know my stuff when it comes to grappling and MMA. When i am not training i am usally looking and reading everything i can get my hands on to do with MMA.

This is just a idea which i think will boost the magazine to a whole new level but what dos everyone else think.:asian:

OP
J

J-kid

I also have a digital camra and would be willing to show moves and how to do it with the camra.

OP
F

fist of fury

That sounds like a rilly good idea.

OP
J

J-kid

Who ever is in charge of the magazine please PM me.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Articles and columnist spots:

Heres the way it works:

The folks with regular columns have an established track record in writing. (Dan Anderson is a published author, and Arthur Sennott has writen several articles for websites and magazines, to use 2 examples).

I am looking for more regular columnists (I'd like 10-12 each month).

The best way to be asked to write a monthly is to submit stuff on a regular basis.

The guidelines:
- Spell checked.
- Grammer checked.
- Proof read.
- Min Length - 1 8x11 sheet. Size 12 Font, Arial, single spaced, with 1" margins.
- All other guidelines as listed on the website.

I will be posting guidelines for product reviews very shortly.

Your best bet is, write the article and send it in. I will read it and let you know what you need to do to get it up to 'specs'. If you send pictures, you -must- have the right to have them published. (In some cases I will be asking to see signed model releases.)

If you send good stuff in regularly, we will ask you to become a regular columnist. The big thing is, meeting the deadlines.

:asian:

OP
J

J-kid

I have an idea is there any way i could write something full of ideas facts and then have one of the true writers fix it up and turn it into something printable.

When it comes to Mixed Martial Arts i know my stuff and think i could really help but writing isnt my strong point.... well its just a idea.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At this time, we don't have a staff writer who can do this. But if someone else wants to team up with you, I have no problems with a dual by-line.

:asian:

OP
J

J-kid

Well if anyone wants to team up with me for a section on Mixed Martial Arts please PM or Email me.