Another "rep" question :banghead:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Having just made the mistake of giving some knucklehead a good rep when I meant to ding the post made, is there any way of going back and changing the rep you just handed out? Not that I would normally do that, just a question because I have also gave out rep to somebody when I hit the wrong post, (They deserved a good pat on the back for the great post as well as the original one I intended to give it to, so it worked out OK that time.)

Just wondering.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that if you go into your User CP quickly enough you have the ability to delete the rep before it's read.

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that if you go into your User CP quickly enough you have the ability to delete the rep before it's read.

I must have been too slow then. darn the bad luck. Just teach me to double check what I am doing.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll give it a try to see if I was imagining things - so if you end up with a rep that says "Test" don't be surprised :D.

I'll edit the 'result' into here shortly ...

EDIT: Yep, that worked - a relief to know that I wasn't dreaming it :).

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have, I think, 30 minutes to go back and delete rep.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know which thread and poster Scott is talking about. I can just see him hitting the enter button, eyes getting big, grabbing his head and screaming "Noooooo!" It happens.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFL - you know you've just made my curiosity spike on the 'max level' pin don't you? :lol:.

EDIT: Ah, curiosity satisfied by quick use of the Advanced Search facility :). Mind you, part of me wishes I hadn't gone looking now - fortunately, two of the offenders are already under account review. Pretty impressive work on their part with so few posts to their name; with usernames like that, they must be shodan-trolls :lol:.

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know which thread and poster Scott is talking about. I can just see him hitting the enter button, eyes getting big, grabbing his head and screaming "Noooooo!" It happens.

Actually it was; typing in my comment, hitting the enter button, chuckling, going on my way and then running across another post from the same user in a different thread and noticing his rep was BETTER. pulling up the CP and THEN screaming "NOOOOOO!"

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PM an admin the specifics and we can remove or reverse them if needed.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PM an admin the specifics and we can remove or reverse them if needed.

This is what I always do when I bugger something up on the board... for the same reason that I prefer to let the mechanics fix my transmission, the endodontist do the root canal on me, or the pilot fly the plane (in all cases in preference to doing it myself)—there's a far better chance of success if those who know what they're doing do it, as vs. me. :uhohh: When you have such a great deus ex machina around, it seems pointless not to take advantage of it...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I checked my CP and didn't find a positive rep from Scott. That means I'm not the knucklehead in question. Yeah!

Latest Discussions