Ann Coulter on Rupert Murdoch

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, given the probability that Coulter would be nothing more than a skid-row crack whore without Murdoch, her position isn`t that surprising.

Found this funny, though.

This is because the CEO is Rupert Murdoch and Murdoch owns Fox News

It`s the British media and pundits who are leading the charge against Murdoch, and I sincerely doubt they give a flying **** about Fox News when he owns plenty of outlets in their own country.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
While attending Cornell University, Coulter helped found The Cornell Review,[SUP][4][/SUP] and was a member of the Delta Gamma national women's fraternity.[SUP][5][/SUP] She graduated cum laude from Cornell in 1984 with a B.A. in history, and received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 1988, where she achieved membership in the Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Michigan Law Review.[SUP][6][/SUP] At Michigan, Coulter was president of the local chapter of the Federalist Society and was trained at the National Journalism Center.[SUP][7]
[/SUP]

yeah, sounds like a crack whore to me......

your comment is uninformed, and sexist

Well, given the probability that Coulter would be nothing more than a skid-row crack whore without Murdoch, her position isn`t that surprising.

Last edited:

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
While attending Cornell University, Coulter helped found The Cornell Review,[SUP][4][/SUP] and was a member of the Delta Gamma national women's fraternity.[SUP][5][/SUP] She graduated cum laude from Cornell in 1984 with a B.A. in history, and received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 1988, where she achieved membership in the Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Michigan Law Review.[SUP][6][/SUP] At Michigan, Coulter was president of the local chapter of the Federalist Society and was trained at the National Journalism Center.[SUP][7]
[/SUP]

yeah, sounds like a crack whore to me......

your comment is uninformed, sexist, and not based in anything resembling reality

Sounds like one of your typical anti-left posts then, huh.

No denying that her credentials are impressive, but:

Her J.D. really doesn't mean much in the outside world. Sure, she prepped for law, but she ain't no lawyer. And even if she were her penchant for fabrication would have had her disbarred a long time ago.

Other than her B.A. in History, everything else is networking tools.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you said without Murdock she would be "a skid-row crack whore" that is clearly un-informed, and clearly sexist. it also in denial of the reality of her education and (3 million in book sales) undeniable talent.

your (also undeniable) hatred of her is extreemly suspect, but that is nothing new.

you lose.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And Coulter's article is, as usual, spot on

the blatant double standards and outright lies of the left is startling, and anyone with a shred of decency or integrity would admitt it.....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I know I am from an ocean away but I have to say that sometimes I am struck by how much the vocal American right-wingers (on MT at least) live in an entirely different universe than the one I inhabit.

Anne Coulter's 'credentials' are not as lofty as mine and certainly a good deal worse than Elder's (to pluck another example out of our home firmament ... and yet her 'evil whispers' are more acceptable than plain old opinion?

Don't get me started on Murdoch; the man is a living anagram of "vile".

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
we can debate the value of her education and experience all day, you wont care since you dont like her message, but thats ok, opinions are worth what you pay for them....

the FACT is that she is ONCE AGAIN spot on target.

your opinion is is based on experience Mark, Culter's are backed up with literally PAGES of footnotes to sources for accuracies sake.

I believe her facts before most people's opinions

lots of leftist loons have tried to say she was wrong about this or that, but they never prove it because they cant

she fact checks maticulously

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
we can debate the value of her education and experience all day, you wont care since you dont like her message, but thats ok, opinions are worth what you pay for them....

the FACT is that she is ONCE AGAIN spot on target.

your opinion is is based on experience Mark, Culter's are backed up with literally PAGES of footnotes to sources for accuracies sake.

I believe her facts before most people's opinions

lots of leftist loons have tried to say she was wrong about this or that, but they never prove it because they cant

she fact checks maticulously

the FACT is she resonates with your opinion.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way, prompted by John's words, I thought I'd take a scan at some 'anti-Coulter' maunderings on the Net, to see the other side of the mirror, so to speak.

All I can say is you chaps over there in the Land of the Free certainly have the right to say any old garbage that comes into your heads and make full use of it.

I don't know yet, without deeper digging, how credible the sources I've looked at yet are but some of the things made out to be 'disgraceful' are certainly in the eye of the beholder i.e. some of the accusations of racism are a bit on the thin and twisted side.

Also, to my startlement, some of the things she has been reported as saying I actually agree with :faints:. For example:

“There is one sort of type of criminal that a
public humiliation might work particularly
well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot
of whom consider it a badge of honor to be
sent to juvenile detention. And it might not
be such a cool thing in the Hood to be
flogged publicly.”

“It's interesting that Berry makes such a big
deal about being black. She was raised by
her white mother who was beaten and
abandoned by her black father. Clearly,
Berry has calculated that it is more
advantageous for her acting career to
identify with the man who abandoned her
rather than the woman who raised her. “

Both of these were used as 'ammunition' to 'shoot' Coulter with. Well, I'm an English Liberal or Labour voter and definitely a rational humanist these days and, with due respect to those taking those statements and using them to make a point, the reported words are expressions of opinion rather than statements of fact. Scarily, given Coulter's reputation, they're opinions I wouldn't argue against :eek:.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
we can debate the value of her education and experience all day, you wont care since you dont like her message,

I sincerely hope you know that is not true in my case at least, John. I might not like what someone has to say but if they have good reason to say it and a good argument as to why they might be right then I wont usually dismiss their stance out of hand.

But that shoe has to fit both of our feet if discussion is ever to be dialogue rather than argument. Taking only one 'angle' on the truth and forsaking all others is a sure way to be certain that you never see the whole truth of a situation, an idea or an ideology.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the FACT is she resonates with your opinion.

Bull feces

she documents EVERYTHING in minute detail

you may not LIKE her conclusions, but she is seldom factually wrong.And the TRUTH resonates with me

..why am i bothering? there is no point even talking to you, all you ever do is parrot the DNC's latest propaganda

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with both those quotes myself

By the way, prompted by John's words, I thought I'd take a scan at some 'anti-Coulter' maunderings on the Net, to see the other side of the mirror, so to speak.

All I can say is you chaps over there in the Land of the Free certainly have the right to say any old garbage that comes into your heads and make full use of it.

I don't know yet, without deeper digging, how credible the sources I've looked at yet are but some of the things made out to be 'disgraceful' are certainly in the eye of the beholder i.e. some of the accusations of racism are a bit on the thin and twisted side.

Also, to my startlement, some of the things she has been reported as saying I actually agree with :faints:. For example:

“There is one sort of type of criminal that a
public humiliation might work particularly
well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot
of whom consider it a badge of honor to be
sent to juvenile detention. And it might not
be such a cool thing in the Hood to be
flogged publicly.”

“It's interesting that Berry makes such a big
deal about being black. She was raised by
her white mother who was beaten and
abandoned by her black father. Clearly,
Berry has calculated that it is more
advantageous for her acting career to
identify with the man who abandoned her
rather than the woman who raised her. “

Both of these were used as 'ammunition' to 'shoot' Coulter with. Well, I'm an English Liberal or Labour voter and definitely a rational humanist these days and, with due respect to those taking those statements and using them to make a point, the reported words are expressions of opinion rather than statements of fact. Scarily, given Coulter's reputation, they're opinions I wouldn't argue against :eek:.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Apologies for the off-topic post, but...

Her J.D. really doesn't mean much in the outside world. Sure, she prepped for law, but she ain't no lawyer.

So a J.D. is meaningless without Bar membership? I've got my J.D., even passed the state Bar, but for other reasons am not accredited yet. Thanks a ton, pal. :moon:

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
she could have invented the cure for cancer, because of her political opinions, some people will call her a homophobe for not curing AIDS.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

So a J.D. is meaningless without Bar membership? I've got my J.D., even passed the state Bar, but for other reasons am not accredited yet. Thanks a ton, pal. :moon:

No it means a lot. Plenty of folks in business with a JD whether they are practicing or not. I wanted to study IP Law at Franklin Pierce. Did well enough on the LSAT to get an enthusiastic interview with the admission counselors (they like engineers at Frank's :D) But....I didn't do well enough for them to wave money at me. They don't have a part-time program so I would have had to quit my full time job, ABA Rules. Sigh.

Never got it. Glad you earned yours though. :asian:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
QFT
From Coulter's column: EMPHASIS ADDED
Murdoch is an American who owns television networks, satellite operations and newspapers all over the world. As he said in his testimony this week, News Corp. has 53,000 employees and, until its recent demise, News of the World amounted to a grand total of 1 percent of News Corp.'s operations.

Why wasn't Les Moonves responsible for CBS anchor Dan Rather trying to throw the 2004 presidential election with phony National Guard documents one month before the election? Moonves was president, CEO and director of CBS, a company with half as many employees as News Corp. And his rogue employee constituted a much bigger part of CBS' business than News of the World did of the Murdoch empire.

And yet no one asked if Moonves was aware that his network was about to accuse a sitting president of shirking his National Guard duty. Moonves wasn't dragged before multiple congressional panels. Nor was MSNBC tracking his every bowel movement on live TV. No one remembers the biggest media scandal of the last 30 years as "The Les Moonves Scandal."

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't remember the Dan Rather/Les Moonves/CBS scandal causing a police chief to step down from a world class police force such as Scotland Yard.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Heh, Since I never utilized my college education Mine is useless as well. There's a difference if you intend to use your education. If you have it only to add some alphagetti behind your name, what's the point?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
QFT
From Coulter's column: EMPHASIS ADDED
Murdoch is an American who owns television networks, satellite operations and newspapers all over the world. As he said in his testimony this week, News Corp. has 53,000 employees and, until its recent demise, News of the World amounted to a grand total of 1 percent of News Corp.'s operations.

Why wasn't Les Moonves responsible for CBS anchor Dan Rather trying to throw the 2004 presidential election with phony National Guard documents one month before the election? Moonves was president, CEO and director of CBS, a company with half as many employees as News Corp. And his rogue employee constituted a much bigger part of CBS' business than News of the World did of the Murdoch empire.

And yet no one asked if Moonves was aware that his network was about to accuse a sitting president of shirking his National Guard duty. Moonves wasn't dragged before multiple congressional panels. Nor was MSNBC tracking his every bowel movement on live TV. No one remembers the biggest media scandal of the last 30 years as "The Les Moonves Scandal."

I guess when you perform the equivalent to necromancy you are being viewed in a dimmer light than when you just follow a false lead....