An update!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been doing TSD for 3 months now, and am thoroughly enjoying the classes! The instructor actually takes the time to correct anything that I might be doing wrong, as opposed to standing there saying "looks good. Next!" like I've experienced in the past. I recently passed my gold belt test- I declined the option of starting as a red belt for personal reasons. There was a lot of board breaking involved in the end, some I had trouble with, but not too much. I can't really say what I enjoy the most about it, but the way it's being instructed is a huge boost.

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technically, there's not much difference other than some of the stances and the way some of the kicks are performed. That's all I can say for sure, given the limited experiences in this new class, and kind of a "bad" experience at my old one, which didn't have anything to do with the style, just how it was ran. There's more self defense involvement, but I can't say that that in itself is style specific.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many of us had wondered where you had gotten too...Good luck with the new discipline...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds great - congratulations on finding a good fit for yourself.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been doing TSD for 3 months now, and am thoroughly enjoying the classes! The instructor actually takes the time to correct anything that I might be doing wrong, as opposed to standing there saying "looks good. Next!" like I've experienced in the past. I recently passed my gold belt test- I declined the option of starting as a red belt for personal reasons. There was a lot of board breaking involved in the end, some I had trouble with, but not too much. I can't really say what I enjoy the most about it, but the way it's being instructed is a huge boost.
Often times it's never WHAT'S being taught but HOW it's being taught... no matter who or what the student/subject is.

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Often times it's never WHAT'S being taught but HOW it's being taught... no matter who or what the student/subject is.

I couldn't agree more! I've done a lot of research into the other dojos/ dojangs in my area, and took several things into consideration. One being cost, another contracts, and the really sticky stuff- such as instruction, etc., and location helped a good bit. A lot of nice and good instructors in the area, but this stuck out.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm really happy you found a good school and that you are enjoying yourself.

Tang Soo!

Latest Discussions