An example of what proper RBSD pressure testing looks like

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score

The goal isn't to submit or hit them right necessarily, but to clear them. The aggressor comes at you explosively, with or without a buddy. There's not a whole lot of fighting skill involved in this bit, which is kinda the idea, because it's an introductory session with the assumption of some untrained armed thug. There's no waiting for the moment to strike and setting up moves like in MMA, they just come at you, and you have think about whether they have a weapon, getting access to your weapon, and what is or isn't legal for you to do.

It is incredibly exhausting, partly because of your own exertion, partly because of the adrenaline dumping into your body, and trying to think it through.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok.

how do you feel mike tyson would fare doing those drills?

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok.

how do you feel mike tyson would fare doing those drills?
That depends on what he learned in the streets during his youth, and his instincts. I imagine he would be excellent at KOing them early on and ending the fight, but whether he successfully does so before being fatally wounded is another matter. I have seen CCTV footage of people pre-empting, and punching aggressors out in succession before they can do anything, so it has been tried and proven in the streets, as one way of handling it.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
That depends on what he learned in the streets during his youth, and his instincts. I imagine he would be excellent at KOing them early on and ending the fight, but whether he successfully does so before being fatally wounded is another matter. I have seen CCTV footage of people pre-empting, and punching aggressors out in succession before they can do anything, so it has been tried and proven in the streets, as one way of handling it.
Mike was strong arm robbing people at the age of 12, I’m sure his street reflex is still quite able.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mike was strong arm robbing people at the age of 12, I’m sure his street reflex is still quite able.
Mike and his buddy were knocking down and robbing each other's moms for their welfare checks. At least according to Mike himself.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I did not know that...my god.
He talked all about it in an in-depth Sports Illustrated interview. Said him and his friend used to do it to each other's mom. Because, you know, you couldn't do it to your own mom.

But the interview was at a time when he was just kind of crazy.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
He talked all about it in an in-depth Sports Illustrated interview. Said him and his friend used to do it to each other's mom. Because, you know, you couldn't do it to your own mom.

But the interview was at a time when he was just kind of crazy.
"Because, you know, you couldn't do it to you own mom."

i-see-no-problem-here-crazy-eyes.gif