American Shihan Clothing

Senin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I notice a few American Shihan wearing very ornated gold and purple "uniforms". Could somebody explain to me what that is all about? I thought the basic black was the traditional ninjutsu uniform.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, it has been said that Kool Keith should be admired because he doesn't want to get intimate with someone if he doesn't get to wear his purple cape. :lool:

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Senin said:
I notice a few American Shihan wearing very ornated gold and purple "uniforms". Could somebody explain to me what that is all about? I thought the basic black was the traditional ninjutsu uniform.

How many, which ones, and where did you see them attired this way -- did you visit their classes, was it at some special training event, or what?

OP
S

Senin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually if you go to their websites (Van Donk and Hayes), you can see the gold and yellow clothing. They look kinda strange. Perhaps it was part of some ritual. I don't ever remember seeing a photo of Mr Hatsumi wearing that.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I dunno about that...Soke is wearing a similar garment on the yarijutsu video, not to mention the golden yoroi he wore at the last Daikomyosai.

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
Those are all part of traditional Yoroi (Samurai Armor) which were very ornate. The Jacket you see them wearing is called Jinbaori and was worn over the Yoroi.

Markk Bush

Latest Discussions