AKA Grand Nationals and WSKF World Finals

M

miguksaram

The American Karate Association is proudly hosting the 40th Annual AKA Nation Championship, along with the World Sport Karate Federation's 1st Annual World Championship, in Chicago Illinos on October 29-30. We are currently signing up vendors who would be interested in displaying their products at this huge event. This is a very significant undergoing as it marks the 40th anniversary of one of the oldest karate tournaments in America as well as it is ringing the first world championship for the youngest national circuit to explode on the sport karate scene today. We are very excited about this upcoming event. We would like to invite your company to participate as one of the vendors and possibly a sponsor. Please reply with which avenue you would be more interested in pursuing and we can send you the neccessary information to look over. Or if you have any questions please feel free to contact myself or Sensei John Sharkey at 630-369-8055. We thank you for your time and consideration for this event.

OP
G

gyaku-zuki queen

miguksaram said:
... along with the World Sport Karate Federation's 1st Annual World Championship, in Chicago Illinos on October 29-30....
...first world championship for the youngest national circuit to explode on the sport karate scene today.
sorry, but i am a little confused :idunno:

the world karate championships are going to be held in mexico.. in november 18-21.
the jr worlds arent going to be untill next year in cyprus.

OP
M

miguksaram

gyaku-zuki queen said:
sorry, but i am a little confused :idunno:

the world karate championships are going to be held in mexico.. in november 18-21.
the jr worlds arent going to be untill next year in cyprus.

This is a different circuit which you are thinking of. This is for the World Sport Karate Federation, they are a circuit similar to that of NASKA or NBL. I believe what your thinking of maybe the World Karate Federation or World Karate Association.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So the world in world sport karate is actually regional? or national? So the winner of the world sport karate assoc. is a regional champ but the trophy says"World Sport Champ"?

Ever the thorn in your side

OP
M

miguksaram

The Kai said:
So the world in world sport karate is actually regional? or national? So the winner of the world sport karate assoc. is a regional champ but the trophy says"World Sport Champ"?

Ever the thorn in your side

Nope. It is not a regional championship. The AKA Grand Nationals would be consdiered the Regional Championships. The World Finals for this circuit is opened to World competitors. Just like the US Open, which was NASKA sanctioned, had people come from all over the world to compete. This is the same, it is opened to all sport karate competitor all over the world.

With respect,

Jeremy

OP
G

gyaku-zuki queen

miguksaram said:
The World Finals for this circuit is opened to World competitors. Just like the US Open, which was NASKA sanctioned, had people come from all over the world to compete. This is the same, it is opened to all sport karate competitor all over the world.
hm... just in my opinion (no offence at all) why would you call it the world finals if its not officially the worlds? ...even if it is a different organazation from the WKF.

---

whats the world sport karate federation? (ive never heard of it before):idunno:
is it a whole different loop of karate people, or does it involve the same people that are on the National teams that go to compete at the Pan-american games and the Worlds?

OP
M

miguksaram

gyaku-zuki queen said:
hm... just in my opinion (no offence at all) why would you call it the world finals if its not officially the worlds? ...even if it is a different organazation from the WKF.

---

whats the world sport karate federation? (ive never heard of it before):idunno:
is it a whole different loop of karate people, or does it involve the same people that are on the National teams that go to compete at the Pan-american games and the Worlds?

Not sure what you mean? This is open to all competitors from all over the world. So it is open to all who wish to compete. So it is the world. Whether or not people from around the world want to compete, it is still opened. It is the world finals for this particular organization. We not claiming that it is the world finals for all martial art competitions everywher. MLB has the World Series, yet it is only opened to the teams who are in America and only those teams who have been playing though out the year.

As for the WKF or WKA, I believe they are different loop of karate people. Unlike WTF TKD, karate doesn't have just on organization to over see all sport competitions.

OP
G

gyaku-zuki queen

miguksaram said:
This is open to all competitors from all over the world. So it is open to all who wish to compete. So it is the world. Whether or not people from around the world want to compete, it is still opened.
...ok.. so its pretty much the WSKF open champs...
like there's the Toronto open.. that tournament is open to people all over the world. but they dont call it the world championships. jus the toronto open. people were coming from all over to that tournament. same thing with that open karate tournament in france. Its open and people fly from all over the world to compete. but they dont call it the worlds.

the open tournament is the same loop of people in the WKF, just has a differnet name, i'm pretty sure, now that i think about it.

miguksaram said:
Unlike WTF TKD, karate doesn't have just on organization to over see all sport competitions.
karate does have a tournament to oversee all of the tournaments, it is organised by the World karate federation. You have to qualify for it though. first you have to make your way to the National championships. (in Canada you have to qualify on the provincial team, top 2 in your province, to go to nationals. i'm not sure if it is the same in the USA. The top 2 at the National Championships in each division qualify for the national team (unless the coaches say otherwie) and they go to compete (for north america) to the pan-american games. if you medal at the pan-ams, (or do really good, coaches pick) then you go to the world championships.

i know people who have been to the worlds, even the world kata champion last year (hes a cool guy) and i myself am on my way to the jr. pan-american games, held in santiago, chile this year.

OP
M

miguksaram

gyaku-zuki queen said:
...ok.. so its pretty much the WSKF open champs...
like there's the Toronto open.. that tournament is open to people all over the world. but they dont call it the world championships. jus the toronto open. people were coming from all over to that tournament. same thing with that open karate tournament in france. Its open and people fly from all over the world to compete. but they dont call it the worlds.

Close but still not the same. The Toronto open is a tournament that is sanctioned under an organization but is being hosted by an individual. So in the end (if all goes well) that individual makes a profit for himself. The WSKF World Finals, is put on the organization itself. It is a non-for-profit organization so any "gain" goes back to the organziation for future endevors. As far as I know the people in charge of the WSKF are volunteers not paid individuals so the money made from this tournament does not align their pockets.

karate does have a tournament to oversee all of the tournaments, it is organised by the World karate federation. You have to qualify for it though. first you have to make your way to the National championships. (in Canada you have to qualify on the provincial team, top 2 in your province, to go to nationals. i'm not sure if it is the same in the USA. The top 2 at the National Championships in each division qualify for the national team (unless the coaches say otherwie) and they go to compete (for north america) to the pan-american games. if you medal at the pan-ams, (or do really good, coaches pick) then you go to the world championships.

Again that is through one organization. There are other orgainzations that do the same thing.

i know people who have been to the worlds, even the world kata champion last year (hes a cool guy) and i myself am on my way to the jr. pan-american games, held in santiago, chile this year.

Good luck to you on this endevour. What divisions will you be competing it?

OP
G

gyaku-zuki queen

miguksaram said:
Again that is through one organization. There are other orgainzations that do the same thing.
what organizations do the same thing? (there's only one team Canada, and USA that i'm aware of...and the WKF is the organization working on gettin karate in the Olympics...)

miguksaram said:
Good luck to you on this endevour. What divisions will you be competing it?
juvenille girls +50 Kg :)

Latest Discussions