Advice for a Black Belt Grading

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day, at 8.00am we start our shodan grading.
We have been training for over a year since the last grading and was wondering what advice people have for doing well tomorrow.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest getting LOTS of rest today. Make sure you eat good and keep yourself hydrated. If you felt it was necessary to review a few things today, I'd do them on your own and don't over work yourself. In other words, go slow.

The day of the test, make sure to drink some water prior to the test. Don't over do it, as you don't want to get sick. If you're allowed a quick rest/water break, again, don't over do it with the water.

Easier said than done, but do your best to stay relaxed. Good luck and let us know how you do!:ultracool

Mike

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since you have been preapring for a year, I am sure you will do fine. Just remember to breath! :)

Let us know how it goes.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just relax and stay focus, have a good breakfast and remember all the past training you did to get to this point.
Terry

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Good luck! Lotsa rest the day before, hydrate the night before, don't drink to much just before the test, a couple of power bars or some fruit helps to rejunivate during the test - just eat a couple of bites at a time.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have already done your training so now just be well rested and 100% for the test! Good previous advice in orthers posts.Go for it!!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
I'd suggest getting LOTS of rest today. Make sure you eat good and keep yourself hydrated. If you felt it was necessary to review a few things today, I'd do them on your own and don't over work yourself. In other words, go slow.

The day of the test, make sure to drink some water prior to the test. Don't over do it, as you don't want to get sick. If you're allowed a quick rest/water break, again, don't over do it with the water.

Easier said than done, but do your best to stay relaxed. Good luck and let us know how you do!:ultracool

Mike

MJS said it better than I could..

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep- the others have pretty much covered it. Rest, relaxation, hydration and good nutrition. You've pretty much already passed.......your instructor wouldn't have put you up for it if he/she didn't think you were ready. Just do your best and remember to report back to us on how it went!! :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!! Congratulations!!
:partyon: :partyon:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Congratutions! ...Life is full of challenges...this was one of them for you....You Pass it!

Now to move on the other new challenges before you...best of luck...Aloha

OP
S

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you to everybody that replied I appreciate all the advice and the congratulations.
To have people from all over the world sincerely giving out advice shows that the martial arts aren't full of ego-manic bullies.
Once again my thanks.
Silatman.

Latest Discussions