A TRUE HERO

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the American Marine officer he rescued is okay, he must be very proud the Para lad received the Victoria Cross. It's a medal not often awarded and only for the most amazing bravery in the face of the enemy, to be the second in his family to win the VC is astonishing and speaks for his family's high standards.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I was quite astounded when I read that. Not so much for the act, you expect that sort of thing, but being unscratched. Brilliant stuff and hope he gets a another stripe :)

It's most likely he will be commissioned now. He will make a very good officer.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's most likely he will be commissioned now. He will make a very good officer.

Yeah actually I agree with that. Kinda thought RSM, but then again, a potentially pro active, less ******** kind of stuff. Best of luck to him :)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah actually I agree with that. Kinda thought RSM, but then again, a potentially pro active, less ******** kind of stuff. Best of luck to him :)

He's too young to be an RSM and won't have done the training for it ( a good many hard courses two of which are in the Brecon Beacons :eek:). I reckon he'll be persuaded to go to Sandhurst. If not he may come to us as a recruit instructor.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's too young to be an RSM and won't have done the training for it ( a good many hard courses two of which are in the Brecon Beacons :eek:). I reckon he'll be persuaded to go to Sandhurst. If not he may come to us as a recruit instructor.

Meant in the future Tez. I was probably reminded of my late granddad, he was a big fella too. As I said good luck to him :)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well deserving of this award. Congratulations to this young man and his family and I look forward to hearing about this hero's future endeavor's!

Latest Discussions