A success story

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
From Rick Spain. This happened a few days ago.

I'm being optimistic - assuming posters here actually enjoy seeing their peers in Wing Chun succeed, despite plenty of written evidence to the contrary...

Righteous intervention!!

This is a fantastic story yesterday Simon a red boat crew member witnessed a guy having an altercation with three blokes who were trying to steal stuff from his van..there were other people watching as well ..Simon was in 2 minds at first, you know what its like do iget involved or not ? At that point it was a bit of argy bargy ...then this bloke who was just trying to protect his possessions gets knocked to the ground and they start putting the boot in...now its life and death...Simon jumps into gear and intervenes when he gets to them one of the maggots does the bolt ...one of them is trying to ground and pound this poor bloke so Simon slips on a rear naked choke ...the other maggot does the bolt ...Simon breaks his balance by dragging him back and stomps on his knee ...everytime he trys to escape he puts the choke on tighter ..the guy complies.. Simon lets him breath...he holds this guy for 15 mins until the cops arrive ..keeping him under control letting him breath and talking him down ...when the cops arrive they said ..looks like you have everything under control...damn straight ...this what we are capable of if we intervene when theres an injustice...i for one am am in awe of this guys courage and selflessness...proud ...peace Sifu

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good story. But am I the only WC guy here that notices that grappling skill was an essential part of how this fellow Simon was able to subdue and control the ne'er-do-well until the police came. If he had used straight up WC/VT, that is to say striking, his options would have been more limited, and the outcome might have been lass satisfactory when the police arrived.

...So I'm seeing this equally as a testimonial in favor of some cross training in grappling and submissions. Something I really need to make the time to do. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good story. But am I the only WC guy here that notices that grappling skill was an essential part of how this fellow Simon was able to subdue and control the ne'er-do-well until the police came. If he had used straight up WC/VT, that is to say striking, his options would have been more limited, and the outcome might have been lass satisfactory when the police arrived.

...So I'm seeing this equally as a testimonial in favor of some cross training in grappling and submissions. Something I really need to make the time to do. :)

Pro wrestling for the win.
images

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
From Rick Spain. This happened a few days ago.

I'm being optimistic - assuming posters here actually enjoy seeing their peers in Wing Chun succeed, despite plenty of written evidence to the contrary...

Righteous intervention!!

This is a fantastic story yesterday Simon a red boat crew member witnessed a guy having an altercation with three blokes who were trying to steal stuff from his van..there were other people watching as well ..Simon was in 2 minds at first, you know what its like do iget involved or not ? At that point it was a bit of argy bargy ...then this bloke who was just trying to protect his possessions gets knocked to the ground and they start putting the boot in...now its life and death...Simon jumps into gear and intervenes when he gets to them one of the maggots does the bolt ...one of them is trying to ground and pound this poor bloke so Simon slips on a rear naked choke ...the other maggot does the bolt ...Simon breaks his balance by dragging him back and stomps on his knee ...everytime he trys to escape he puts the choke on tighter ..the guy complies.. Simon lets him breath...he holds this guy for 15 mins until the cops arrive ..keeping him under control letting him breath and talking him down ...when the cops arrive they said ..looks like you have everything under control...damn straight ...this what we are capable of if we intervene when theres an injustice...i for one am am in awe of this guys courage and selflessness...proud ...peace Sifu

Great story. But I am confuse? Why is this guy a red boat crew member? I thought Red Boats was 100s of years ago???

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
The name of the kwoon is Red Boat Wing Chun.

I wouldn't admit to this sort of confusion. People might think you are stupid or something.

Don think not knowing about red boat wing chun kwoon is stupid. Just not knowing, different thing. Sure there many things I know that you're not know!!