A note to spammers, liars, kids and "special people".

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you SPAM us, you will be banned.
Be sneaky, be subtle, be conniving.
We will find you, block you, ban you.
Get creative, be obvious, be funny, be obscene.
It doesn't matter.
You and your crap will be banned, blocked, deleted and flushed like crap deserves.

If you lie in your registration, if you think we don't check, if you think we will won't find out,
We will. And your access will be cut short until you comply with our clearly posted rules.
If we believe you are lying about this, you will not be allowed back until you confirm your identity to our satisfaction.
And, we will find you.

If you are a kid who is under 16 years of age, log out and don't come back until you're 16th birthday. If you've lied, we will find you out sooner or later, and we will block you. We will also contact your ISP, your local police and possibly even your mommy and daddy. We have over 50 cops on this board, at least a half dozed FBI and I won't even get in to the others. So, it's not "if", but "when".

And if you're one of the "special people" who think that all those rules don't apply to you, who are used to walking into a room and having 20+ acolytes bow as you walk by, who thinks that a black belt, some stripes and a couple pieces of paper make you on par with the Pharaoh's....think again. If you're one of those people who think that a 6 figure income makes you special, that having the hard decision of which Benz to drive today is yours, if your suit costs more than what I pay annually for this server, and you think that makes you better than I or my staff or any of our other members....think again.

We're all mortals here, and we are all equals.
This is a friendly site, this is a serious site, this is a fun site, and this is a passionate site, and I and my staff intend to see it stay that way.

Thank you, Good Evening.

You may now resume the beatings.
:asian:

The preceding rant was brought to you by the Letters K, and the question Why and the number Bleen.
;)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mano blanco, Bob. Mano blanco.

Don't get your hands dirty with this sort of thing. Just offer Letters of Marque and Reprisal against violators with a special badge/icon thingie for MTers who come back with both ears and the tail.

:pirate2:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've considered it, but the spec-ops team told me the official uniform wasn't cool enough.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've considered it, but the spec-ops team told me the official uniform wasn't cool enough.

Just don't wear that crappy digi-cammo... looks good in garrison, but that is about it. ;)

What brought this on, if I may ask? Basically, just let me know when you want to dispatch the hit squad, and I'm on it! :lol:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Short version, dealing with some sneak-spammers, kids and whatnot on all the forums, and 1 foul mouthed "do you know who I am!" butt munch....figured I'd be nice and give fair warning to any other roaches in the woodwork before I let the wookies rip off some arms. ;)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are we talking about something, um, connected by nomenclature to a 'rare and bizarre syndrome, most often associated with the exclamation of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks", by any chance? :wink1:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are we talking about something, um, connected by nomenclature to a 'rare and bizarre syndrome, most often associated with the exclamation of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks", by any chance? :wink1:

Yes we are

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
So would this be a bad time to talk to you about an opportunity in timeshares? Canadian meds? Enlargers? I'll just come back on my 15th birthday, mkay?.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've been dealing with more and more people who are registering simply to send mass PM's of spam, or post infomercials, or otherwise push their products. Legitimate advertisers are welcome to contact us for our rates which are fair and affordable. We're not going to be as nice as we have been and move these 1-shot wonders to the ad areas.

We've caught a number of kids lying about their age or theoretically intellegent adults who are "missing" the registration requirements, some of whom get quite entertainingly obscene when called on it. In the mix of problem people over the last bit have been a couple folks who attempted to intimidate me by name dropping and dangling the money carrot as well as just insult and intimidate me. For those trying to guess, the persons in question do not have an active MT account.

So, since these are ongoing issues (we get a few of each every week), honor said "give em fair notice, then give em the cold steel."

;)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this about me? Do you know who my dad is?
icon12.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been dealing with more and more people who are registering simply to send mass PM's of spam, or post infomercials, or otherwise push their products. Legitimate advertisers are welcome to contact us for our rates which are fair and affordable. We're not going to be as nice as we have been and move these 1-shot wonders to the ad areas.

We've caught a number of kids lying about their age or theoretically intellegent adults who are "missing" the registration requirements, some of whom get quite entertainingly obscene when called on it. In the mix of problem people over the last bit have been a couple folks who attempted to intimidate me by name dropping and dangling the money carrot as well as just insult and intimidate me. For those trying to guess, the persons in question do not have an active MT account.

So, since these are ongoing issues (we get a few of each every week), honor said "give em fair notice, then give em the cold steel."

;)
It's not just here...

I've noted an increase in spamming on at least one other message forum... They just deal less kindly with them there.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With so many spammers, there is nothing but tension on the forum. And that is why I think that you should try my new stress relieving product...

http://www.buyextenze.com/?a=ajwassoc&c=0

:lol:

I mean, just look at the 'Instant Results' you get...and what the photo there doesn't tell you is that he was just working the front in a 7-11 and she just happened to stop in to get some change for the bus approximately eleven seconds before that picture was snapped! Instant results, forsooth!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not just here...

I've noted an increase in spamming on at least one other message forum... They just deal less kindly with them there.
hmm....
add spammed item to filters
ban losers who spam
send TOS notices to their ISP's and webhosts

I'm at a loss as to what else we can do.
Maybe I should modify the rules to allow in-depth public ridiculing of spammers and spammed products....but that does just give them free publicity.
But....it does seem like it would be fun.....heh.

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bob,
You probably don't hear it enough, but THANKS.
Because of your efforts and the staff's efforts in dealing with this kind of nonsense, it makes this forum an enjoyable experience for the rest of us.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob,
You probably don't hear it enough, but THANKS.
Because of your efforts and the staff's efforts in dealing with this kind of nonsense, it makes this forum an enjoyable experience for the rest of us.

I second that vote of thanks!

Latest Discussions