Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Little Wine Boosts Omega-3 In The Body
clear.gif

Author: ScienceDaily Source: ScienceDaily
clear.gif

Title: A LITTLE WINE BOOSTS OMEGA-3 IN THE BODY

Moderate alcohol intake is associated with higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids in plasma and red blood cells. This is the major finding of the European study IMMIDIET that will be published in the January issue of the American Journal of

The study suggests that wine does better than other alcoholic drinks. This effect could be ascribed to compounds other than alcohol itself, representing a key to understand the mechanism lying behind the heart protection observed in moderate wine drinkers.

Omega-3 fatty acids, mainly derived from fish, are considered as protective against coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death, thus their high blood concentration is definitely good for our health.

Now European researchers found that moderate alcohol drinking acts like a 'trigger', boosting the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in our body.
Options: [Read Full Story]
Originally found on Wren's Nest

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wonder if it is the componds as what is also in Grape juice.

I think a study should be done to see if it the compond found in the Grape or is the combonation made in Wine the result.

Anyway Wine can go well with Fish great find Bob!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never drink, wine...I inhale the stuff...

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wine is good for omega-3 and beer is good for the kidneys (I've heard) but the trick is to use it, like all things, in moderation. Funny, ain't it, how many things can be potentially deadly that are good for you in moderation.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderation, is the key. I enjoy a glass or 3 a week. I've yet to down a gallon in a sitting though.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderation, is the key. I enjoy a glass or 3 a week. I've yet to down a gallon in a sitting though.
A gallon in a sitting... I did just that with Guinness two weekends ago. First time in years I've allowed myself to have too much to drink.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The only reason I drink wine is for the Omega-3. Anybody who says otherwise is lying. :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just hook my IV bag up to a vein, I hope I get the Omega 3 that way. Its hard to stuff a fish down that tube.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the discovery that Dry Martinis are good for the brain.

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score

LOL A gallon of wine? I would puke before half way. For some reason my stomachedoesn't like fermentation products. I'm allergic to most alcohol especially beer and whiskey. There's much better souces of omega 3, flax oil is a good one.