A little terrorist info.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What can you say, we know where they are and do nothing. Just imagine how many that they do not know of.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 in my home town....nice...stuff like this I don't know...I guess it doesn't bother me, I feel like if you pay attention to this stuff too much you just spend your life being afraid and that is not living at all...besides I have more important things to worry about than if al qedea is going to blow me up...namely, the project I need to get finished for class that is due tomorrow...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hybrid Fundamentalist Group?! Seattle, WA: Where even the jihadis are eco-friendly.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no sourcing for this, uh, "information", that I can see. Also, have you looked at the rest of the site? Doesn't exactly lend confidence to anything you might find there. I wouldn't believe anything posted.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
To my anonymous neg-repper: your comment doesn't even make sense. There are indeed terrorists out to kill us. That doesn't make this site accurate, and skepticism of this site is not skepticism of terrorism in general.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This appears to be the home page of the posted link

It appears to cover a lot of things form News to Terrorism to Prophecy to UFOs so take the source for what it is worth.

Terrorism is very real but sites that list the locations of terror cells that do not give the source help terrorists more than hurt them.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you all might find this interesting.

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/NBC/Terrorist_cells.html

Scares me to death wondring how many they do NOT know about.

Please take with a grain of salt, as I find the source to be in need of scrutiny.

There is no sourcing for this, uh, "information", that I can see. Also, have you looked at the rest of the site? Doesn't exactly lend confidence to anything you might find there. I wouldn't believe anything posted.

I have to agree about this site and this map. In fact, I'd venture a guess that the map isn't particularly accurate.

But I'll support the basic message; these groups are closer to us than we often realize. There are terrorist organizations, of various stripes, active throughout the US. Some are international, many are homegrown like the militia movements. You can find many of these groups identified by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Sadly, fundamentalist Islamic terrorist organizations have heavily infiltrated the more general Islamic organization/culture here in the US. Madrassas do exist here, pushing an anti-American, anti-Western world view. And, as I said, there's plenty of representation on the right-wing nutjob side, too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Something else that is interesting to note in regards to this map.

Terrorist organization in and out of this country are organized in such a way that many of the cells that do not know who else is here or what other cells operate in any given area. This is a way they protect themselves and thier organization. If a cell is discovered it may only know its contact but not the location of another cell.

Something else to consider when looking at the supplied map.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah - good message...VERY bad site. Definately not an internet site to be basing decisions on!

But jks is right - they're out there, they're trying to kill us. But I would venture to say that they aren't as easy to find as some red spots on a map. I would also say that the ones that we KNOW about are either under constant surveillance or already taken down.

The ones that we DON'T know about are the ones to worry about. But it is a good assumption that the information that the government uses to find and identify these people IS NOT public domain. Especially not to the people over at Millenium Ark.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
If there are about sixty or so terrorist cells with say, 10 people each, that means there are about 600 terrorist in the U.S... I don't believe it. If that were true, why don't they attack!?!?! There are some in D.C, why don't they congregate there, and take over? mmm...

OP
searcher

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is why I made my statement at the end of my OP.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there are about sixty or so terrorist cells with say, 10 people each, that means there are about 600 terrorist in the U.S... I don't believe it. If that were true, why don't they attack!?!?! There are some in D.C, why don't they congregate there, and take over? mmm...
They've tried. More often than the public knows about. Even more often than lots of us in a position to know are aware of...

We've been lucky. We've been fortunate in making it harder to obtain materials and organize an attack. And lots of people have worked very hard, with very little recognition to keep things from happening.

You also have to understand that the factors that go into a terrorist attack are more than simply "Ooh, there's a building; let's blow it up." Terrorist attacks are meticulously planned and then violently carried out, against targets that are highly symbolic while also being very vulnerable. I'll tell you... I'm far from the only one waiting for a terrorist attack on a shopping mall. They're highly vulnerable, almost unprotected targets, that are great symbols of the US consumer culture.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree sources would be nice.

This appears to be the home page of the posted link

It appears to cover a lot of things form News to Terrorism to Prophecy to UFOs so take the source for what it is worth.

Terrorism is very real but sites that list the locations of terror cells that do not give the source help terrorists more than hurt them.

Look at the owners BIO.

As to three cells being in Detroit. Well DUH! The largest Arabic population in the US. I would be surprised if there were not more than three. Some might not know about the others hence the term CELL.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, One thing for sure? ....the FBI and other agencies...may have more info on any terriost.....NOT all? ...I assume?

Lets hope ...they can be STOP before anymore disasters1

Aloha,