A guy tried to pick a fight with me

runnerninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Last night on my was home from a night club a guy tried to pick a fight with me. If it had happened a few months ago I prob would have hit him and run. Although I am now better able to defend myself I just talked my way out of it and continued on my journey. Must have learned a bit of self control too! All proud of myself.

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Then you have learned what is to me one of the greatest lessons to be taught in martial arts. To have the confidence to be able to walk away and be the bigger man, which is exactly what you did. Congratulations on your victory!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done...Yes, you could have mopped the street with him but you didn't..THAT's DISCIPLINE...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations - control is the hardest lesson to learn.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I just talked my way out of it and continued on my journey.

runnerninja, what did you say to shut it all down and avoid mixing it up?

If you do not wish to share it on the open forum, please consider sending me a private message with what was said to avoid kicking and punching.

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A hard thing to do for anyone. I must say that training has a similar effect on me, a calming confidence. Or calming effect through confidence?

Well done on a display of maturity and self control....

:)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's nothing better than the calm confidence of a Christian with four aces :)

Seriously, you did good. It was a fight you didn't need to get into. It wouldn't have gotten you anything worthwhile, just trouble, injuries, police involvement etc. Best to save it for something that really matters.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Most of us will agree on this? ...."Great job of NOT getting into a fight"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if you did get into a fight? ....maybe one or both of you may have been injury?,killed? ....or be in jail for awhile & facing charges!

Fights have NO rules, anyone around you can jump in? ....anyone can use a knife?..gun.?..or...baseball bat? ....many times you may have NOT started the fight? ....but the guy that did may have hidden partners too!
(especially at night clubs).

Best to walk or run away and live to see tomorrow and your kids grow up!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If the terrorist and bad guys use that energy for doing good? ...imagine how they can change the world...but building schools ,churches,hospitals,helping the poor and those that need help!

Everyone has only one living life! (note: cats are known for nine).

Use your body? the one you are wearing for good causes.....do not let it get into fights! ...if you can walk/run away.

Most bodies cannot handle knife stabs,bullet holes, and lots of pounding!

Take good care of the body you are wearing....most of us only get's ONE!

"Aloha" ( on loan the body I am wearing)....it is getting real old and slow!...NOTE: everyone must except the one they got - NO REFUNDS or exchanging?

PS:Sometimes you can make changes and reshape them!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well done
Not getting inthat fight is something to be remembered as a step in learning

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nicely done, fighting on the street is not the right place. Some times it is a tough pill to swallow out there, but I get all the fighting I need at the the dojo 3 nights a week.

OP
R

runnerninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There was no hidden partners. All his mates were about and id say they were ready to jump in. Not meaning to sound big headed but I do a lot of running so am pretty confident that if worst comes to worst I can outrun anybody so was ready to take off but didnt need to. Didnt say much just told him to catch himself on. was out for a good night and that didnt include fighting. Think he was just out for a fight cos a mate said he was doing the same with other people.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done, Congratulations! The funny thing about being able to defend yourself, when you know you can, when you have confidence that you can do what it takes to protect yourself, you feel less a need to *prove* it.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There was no hidden partners. All his mates were about and id say they were ready to jump in. Not meaning to sound big headed but I do a lot of running so am pretty confident that if worst comes to worst I can outrun anybody so was ready to take off but didnt need to. Didnt say much just told him to catch himself on. was out for a good night and that didnt include fighting. Think he was just out for a fight cos a mate said he was doing the same with other people.

Haha! Well done, then! Good job, mate!

Cheers,

Robert

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night on my was home from a night club a guy tried to pick a fight with me. If it had happened a few months ago I prob would have hit him and run. Although I am now better able to defend myself I just talked my way out of it and continued on my journey. Must have learned a bit of self control too! All proud of myself.
Thats what its all about... control.
Sean

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats what its all about... control.
Sean

Are you sure? I thought it was about bushwhacking the other guy, eating the body, stealing his wallet and taking his girl. Or is that just Iron Chef Do - the Way of The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover? That would explain why I've been going through training partners so quickly...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you sure? I thought it was about bushwhacking the other guy, eating the body, stealing his wallet and taking his girl. Or is that just Iron Chef Do - the Way of The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover? That would explain why I've been going through training partners so quickly...
You have to steal the wallet or it won't look random.%-}
Sean

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score

Excellent my friend. I've found out in my kind of work that my training and discipline come into play alot with talking people down when they are angry. This was not a fight worth fighting. Good job.

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
Then you have learned what is to me one of the greatest lessons to be taught in martial arts. To have the confidence to be able to walk away and be the bigger man, which is exactly what you did. Congratulations on your victory!​

I couldn't have said it better. I think the same ;)

Latest Discussions