A Great Day Of Kempo Training!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent some time today, training with Prof. Kimo, at Valley Shore Martial Arts! What an amazing time! Spent some time talking about history. Its always good to hear things like this, because I feel that its an important part of the training.

We then moved onto some techniques and principles in Prof. Kimos art. We finished off with a little knife work. Definately some great stuff!!

Its a fantastic thing, to have Prof. Kimo here on the east coast. Even better for me, as its only about a 30min drive. :D. I definately plan on setting up more training days in the near future.

It was also good seeing my old friend Sensei Keith Tubman. It had been quite some time since we've trained together. It was good to make the connection again.

I highly suggest anyone in the east coast area, to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that we have here! It'll be well worth your time.

SenseiKeith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the Kind words Sensei Mike it was great seeing you again. Professor enjoyed working with you today and looks forward to seeing you again soon. I will burn a copy of today's lesson for you and mail it out so you have it.

I look forward to talking to you again soon.

Take Care,
Keith

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I spent some time today, training with Prof. Kimo, at Valley Shore Martial Arts! What an amazing time! Spent some time talking about history. Its always good to hear things like this, because I feel that its an important part of the training.

We then moved onto some techniques and principles in Prof. Kimos art. We finished off with a little knife work. Definately some great stuff!!

Its a fantastic thing, to have Prof. Kimo here on the east coast. Even better for me, as its only about a 30min drive. :D. I definately plan on setting up more training days in the near future.

It was also good seeing my old friend Sensei Keith Tubman. It had been quite some time since we've trained together. It was good to make the connection again.

I highly suggest anyone in the east coast area, to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that we have here! It'll be well worth your time.
Hi folks!
Glad to hear that you had a great time with Prof. Kimo! He is a joy to study with and a wealth of historical knowledge! Have had the pleasure of training many times over the years with Prof. Ferreira and I alwayd get insights on diverse approaches such as aikijutsu,jujutsu,lua as well as kempo.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the Kind words Sensei Mike it was great seeing you again. Professor enjoyed working with you today and looks forward to seeing you again soon. I will burn a copy of today's lesson for you and mail it out so you have it.

I look forward to talking to you again soon.

Take Care,
Keith

Sounds good! :) I'll be in touch soon to set up another lesson.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks!
Glad to hear that you had a great time with Prof. Kimo! He is a joy to study with and a wealth of historical knowledge! Have had the pleasure of training many times over the years with Prof. Ferreira and I alwayd get insights on diverse approaches such as aikijutsu,jujutsu,lua as well as kempo.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Hey Joe,

Yeah, it was a good time. I could've easily went another hour. :)