A fine example of gun safety for the working criminal

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Folks, if you're planning on a career in the "informal economy" you need to develop a little bit of professionalism. That means being familiar with the tools of your trade. And part of that familiarity is making sure your equipment is safe and in good working order.

I heartily recommend that you follow the example of Limerick's own Philip Collopy. His faith in his gun and weapons-handling skills is an example to us all. I only hope that his brother gangsters, gangstas, muggers, blodgers, mashers, torpedoes, hitmen, muderers, rapists and entrepreneurs in the pharmaceutical industry will follow his lead. While Mr. Collopy made a good first effort there is still room for improvement in his performance. I recommend that he look directly down the diagnostic viewport during his next field test.

A WELL-known criminal who is a central figure in Limerick's ongoing feud was in a critical condition on a life support machine last night after he accidentally shot himself.

Feared gangster Philip Collopy (29) from St Mary's Park, Limerick is in the city's Mid-Western Regional Hospital where he has been since he shot himself in the head on Saturday morning.

The career criminal shot himself with a glock handgun at close range in a house at St Munchin's Street, St Mary's Park. He had been inspecting the gun and removed the loaded magazine from it while handling it. However, he failed to realise a bullet was still in the chamber before he discharged the weapon while it was pointed at his head.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
heh...reminds me of the guy in Cali. a few years ago who did something similar while robbing a bank. Basically, he tried to fire a warning shot into the ceiling. When he got a "click" instead of a "bang," he looked down the barrel and pulled the trigger (I'm not entirely certain what it was he wanted to see!?!)...at any rate, it worked the second time.

chlorine in the gene pool...:D

Bikewr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Reminds me of the story of an erstwhile robber who walked into a tough neighborhood bar with a double-barreled sawed-off shotgun. He fired one into the ceiling to get everyone's attention, and was pretty much ignored. (it was a tough neighborhood)
So, he fired the second one....

He was found in the alley in a rather severely beaten state.....

Latest Discussions