A curious question...

S

squirepens

Do any of you guys know of any sites or links to sites that I could get a (fairly anyways) complete listing of ALL the known martial arts styles? Not trying to ask you to do my research for me, but I've looked pretty darn hard and can't find much. Anything is welcome and appreciated. Thanks !!!

Squirepens

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To my knowledge, no such complete listing exists. The problem in creating a complete list is that every day styles both die and are born.

Course, I like a challenge. :)

Heres a couple places to hit for starters:
- Check our Library here for the rec.martial-arts faq. Its a sorta encyclopaedia of arts.
- Hit BudoSeek (links at the bottom of most of our pages) and check out their search engine.
- Go through the rest of the sites on the MT Network. Each one will help you with a piece of the puzzle.

Good luck!
:)

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

Here's one with a TON, a big list with each being able to tell you the history of each MA

www.martial-way.com

Hope it helps

:asian:

OP

2fisted

The trick is some places are going to list 'Karate' as a style or 'Kung Fu' as a style. There are hundredes of styles of kungfu that are WAY different than each other, same with Karate, only on a smaller scale.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Style v. system man. I won't touch it though. I'm feeling to nice. Really thats splitting a hair anyways.