A BBB for MA (by us for us and others)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Am wondering if there is a BBB type of site/forum or even thread which rates schools by other MA's? Or should such a thing exist. Could it exist on a non-biased level? Rating schools in different areas so that the curious and earnest can find a good school rather than get burned two months in. Rating the instructors or something.
I was about to go to New Mexico on a job (fell through :miffer: ) and (was) considering taking a MA while I was down there to occupy my free time and to broaden my experiences. Problem was that while I found the various schools on the net I really couldn't find anything about them per se' on the quality of the school itself.
So it brought the (above) question to mind. :idunno: anyone, anyone? Bueller? :idunno:

M

Mark Weiser

Hmmm Interesting Idea however who or what Organization would be responsible for the Rating and where would those ratings come from?

Students ( Popularity?)
Local Businesses( Fiscal resources how well you run the school)
Martial Arts Association independent from all other Assocations kind of like the Movie Rating Industry?
Or a combination of the above.

This could be a start of a new adventure lol.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hedgehogey said:
The best martial arts rating site on the net, including schools: www.bullshido.net
Bullshido is great for uncovering the darker side of MA schools and instructors but to cover the original request would take something more. I really don't see how there could be ONE single organization that could rate all arts. There would be the standard arguments regarding traditional/modern, personal egos, the arguments over what sub-style of each style deserves recognition and so on and so on. What we have here on this board combined with places like e-budo and bullshido is a great resource for someone looking around. Besides, if you're going to put in all the hard work once you've begun training doesn't it behoove you to do some leg work before hand?

O

OC Kid

Since we all have different needs and opinions. dont think that a BBS like that would be good or in the best interest of anyone. The best way to find a school is to go to the school, get some free lessons and sign up for a short peroid of time. Along with that what association do they belong to instrucctors background training,referances ect...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not see any good coming from such an organisation. To much politics would come into paly. How are the schools to be judged and by whos standard? Way to much material, styles, and personalities, involved in such a project. After which , if such an organisation began, states and goverment would soon begin to get involved with regulations and such.

Latest Discussions