6 Scientific Discoveries that laugh in the face of Physics

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Well, it was an entertaining article but really it was certainly written for laughs rather than enlightenment as even I, as a pretty well educated and well read non-physicist could see where certain things were being partially or utterly misrepresented for the sake of the joke :).

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good stuff, thanks. I didn't know about a couple of them. One thing I read that purports to demonstrate that we'll never be able to send messages to the past, though...we don't get any. If we developed that ability in the future, we'd do something logical, like send messages to ourselves. There are none. So we won't ever invent time travel.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Well, it was an entertaining article but really it was certainly written for laughs rather than enlightenment as even I, as a pretty well educated and well read non-physicist could see where certain things were being partially or utterly misrepresented for the sake of the joke :).

Aye, that's the style of Cracked. They're big on snarky humor.

The matter of the sun's corona is one that I personally find interesting -- I have an app on my phone that tracks data from the Geophysical Institute at the University of Alaska. I have yet to photograph the Northern Lights but I *REALLY* want to.
This is particularly relevant as we just had a series of coronal mass ejections. If the weather permits (it is questioable) I may be able to see the Aurora this weekend :)

Latest Discussions