5-year-old boy pins fox to ground to defend his brother

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Interesting story! I hope his parents plan on putting him in Judo or Jujutsu some day! He has a skill already....

KINGSTOWN, North Carolina (AP) -- A 5-year-old boy grabbed a rabid fox by the neck and pinned it to the ground during a family cookout, protecting six other children until his stepfather could kill the animal.

Link to article below:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/05/rabid.fox.ap/index.html

- Ceicei

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hats off to the boy! Unfortunately, he was bitten by the rabid animal. I hope his treatment is effective.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brave kid.
Rabies vaccinations/treatment is better these days than before. So he should be okay. As long as it's treated as soon as possible (read: immediately).

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The old Pasteur treatment, as I understand, involved not just one round of excruciatingly painful injections that had to be delivered deep into the abdomen (for reasons I never found out), but two such rounds. Apparently, as MA_C suggests, the newer treatments are far superior, and not nearly so painful. Still, it's a bad deal if you have to have it....

I can't think of enough good things to say about this child... he has the sign of greatness on him, IMO. Ferocity of will is probably the most important quality required for success in life, and he has enough for six or eight ordinary folk.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was a great find, CeiCei! Definitely took a lot of guts for the little boy- 5 years old? Wow!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most impressive......
icon14.gif

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know a great many adults, full of machismo, who would have balked at doing what this young man did. I fully agree that he has the mark of potential greatness about him.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was listening to a news report on the way home from work that said that the instance of rabies in the county just north of us is up ten times what it has been in the past few years. Anyone else having this problem in their area?

That One Guy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dude, you know that kid is gonna get a cool nick name out of it :)

seriously though, that had to take guts.