2010 U.S OPEN Results

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
For me,
- 3rd in Sport Poomsae, 1st Master Female. Lost to a friend from Indiana by .04th of a point. Not bad for a second time competing in Sport Poomsae.

- 2nd in 40-49 Ultra Bantam Division in Sparring. It was not my best fight. Last year I fought better even though I got knocked out. This year, the floor was so slippery that I couldn't control my feet.

The positive is that I scored 4 points (2 in kicks, 1 in other's deduction and 1 in punch) I thought I had a left leg head kick but it was not awarded. That was a bummer.

Overall not a bad 2nd US Open for me. It was a good practice run. Now I have a video of my poomsae and I to correct all of my mistatkes and prepared for National.

OP
taekwondodo

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Would they allow to be used at Ultra division?
If my coach has only one, he would reserved it for 6 Jr. black belts rather wasted on an old lady. :)

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good work dodo. Just getting out and competing on a stage like this is a decent victory.

As for video replay, I believe it is only going to be used for semis and finals of senior matches.

So far Team-X has picked up 2 gold in the 12/13 sparring and 2 silver in 14-17 sparring. We still have a shot at 2 more medals. 1 today and 1 tomorrow.

MSUTKD

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dodo,

I just wanted to tell you it was a pleasure watching you perform! Keep training hard.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Two Dragons TKD 3 medals so far!!!!

Vlad Sokolov Gold Lightweight 18-32 Senior Divfeated Brian Gallagher in the final 6-3.
Victor Vega Silver 14-17 JR lt middle
Charlie Buset Bronze 12-13 Bantam

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
M. Mabanag - Gold Poomsae
B. Visitation / K. Doan - Gold in Team Poomsae
M. Mabanag / K. Jackson - Silver in Team Poomsae
K. Jackson - Bronze 12 - 13 Bantam Kyorugi
A. Jackson - Silver 10 - 11 Bantam Kyorugi

We only took one Sr. this time and being his first US Open you can guess he did not do so well. He had a good time anyways and he said he learned a lot.

Poomsae and Kyorugi divisions were loaded. The smallest poomsae division for us was 32 people. I think the largest for us was 48.

The smallest Kyorugi division for us was 14 people. I think the largest for us was 78 people.

It was a pleasure meeting Gorilla and family. Good people. Your son and daughter were delightful. I met your wife on Saturday at the event and she was a pleasure as well. Both are very talented. The match I got to see of your sons was exciting, great last second score for the win.

Major "THANKS" to Master Blackburn for his hospitality, the kids really enjoyed training at his dojang.

2 Dragons has some really talented fighters and congrats to them all.

I wish I could have met more of you. During the next major event we should all make it a point to meet and greet. I know I will compete at this coming national’s, so I hope to meet more of you then.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two Dragons TKD 3 medals so far!!!!

Vlad Sokolov Gold Lightweight 18-32 Senior Divfeated Brian Gallagher in the final 6-3.
Victor Vega Silver 14-17 JR lt middle
Charlie Buset Bronze 12-13 Bantam
Congrats to Vlad. That is awesome.

Congrats to Victor and Charlie as well.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey Gorilla, What happened, did Vlad mess up the faces of his opponents to bad for them to even get in the photo op? Ha ha ha... I know he had over 70 in his division. Someone got silver and bronze.

http://s3.assets.usoc.org/assets/im...ge/image/28611/full/Male-Light.jpg?1266863307

or

http://usa-taekwondo.us/multimedia/photo_gallery/1326/photo/28611#gallery-header

18-32 Male Lightweight Division
1st VLADIMIR SOKOLOV USA----TWO DRAGONS TKD, 2010 AAU NATIONAL TEAM, 2009 USAT NATIONAL TEAM B
2nd BRIAN GALLAGHER USA-----4 TIME US NATIONAL TEAM MEMBER
3rd MAXIME POTVIN CAN-------SILVER MEDALIST 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
3rd DMITRY KIM UZB-----------2008 OLYMPIAN

HE ALSO BEAT JUAN SANCHEZ NATIONAL TEAM MEMBER FROM PUERTO RICO...HE IS THE GUY WHO LOST A CONTROVERSIAL MATCH TO MARK LOPEZ AT THE WOLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. I BELIEVE HE WAS AN OLYMPIAN ALSO NOT SURE. VLAD GOT THE TOUGHEST DRAW AND STILL WON!

WE ARE VERY PROUD OF VLAD. I KNOW THAT YOU SAW HIM IN THE DOJANG HE IS VERY IMPRESSIVE. THIS WIN WILL GIVE HIM 20 RANKING POINTS. THIS SHOULD MOVE HIM INTO THE TOP 20 IN THE WORLD. HE IS TRAINING VERY HARD FOR THE UP COMING SPANISH OPEN. WHICH WILL ALSO GIVE HIM WORLD RANKING POINTS. IF HE WINS IN SPAIN MAY MOVE INTO THE TOP 10.

Last edited:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
18-32 Male Lightweight Division
1st VLADIMIR SOKOLOV USA----TWO DRAGONS TKD, 2010 AAU NATIONAL TEAM, 2009 USAT NATIONAL TEAM B
2nd BRIAN GALLAGHER USA-----4 TIME US NATIONAL TEAM MEMBER
3rd MAXIME POTVIN CAN-------SILVER MEDALIST 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
3rd DMITRY KIM UZB-----------2008 OLYMPIAN

HE ALSO BEAT JUAN SANCHEZ NATIONAL TEAM MEMBER FROM PUERTO RICO...HE IS THE GUY WHO LOST A CONTROVERSIAL MATCH TO MARK LOPEZ AT THE WOLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. I BELIEVE HE WAS AN OLYMPIAN ALSO NOT SURE. VLAD GOT THE TOUGHEST DRAW AND STILL WON!

WE ARE VERY PROUD OF VLAD. I KNOW THAT YOU SAW HIM IN THE DOJANG HE IS VERY IMPRESSIVE. THIS WIN WILL GIVE HIM 20 RANKING POINTS. THIS SHOULD MOVE HIM INTO THE TOP 20 IN THE WORLD. HE IS TRAINING VERY HARD FOR THE UP COMING SPANISH OPEN. WHICH WILL ALSO GIVE HIM WORLD RANKING POINTS. IF HE WINS IN SPAIN MAY MOVE INTO THE TOP 10.
Good for him. Maybe USAT will invite him to camp. Or he can always do what Damian Villa did. Does he have dual citizenship?