2003 BLADE Show

R

Richard S.

i was in Atlanta this past weekend for the Blade Show and it was incredible. 2 1/2 days of constant drooling. i was lucky enough to meet several of the top makers including Elishewitz,Lightfoot, Hayes and a bunch of others, and the best thing about it, these people are a hell of a lot nicer than you would think. i mean, that kind of creativity and skill and they spoke to me like my neighbor would. i was basically blown away by the whole experience.....truly the highlight of my year so far.........respects to all

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was this the blade show that Guro Dionaldo was to introduce a new kerambit?

I'll have to check his site again.

Cthulhu

OP
R

Richard S.

not that i saw,......the only new kerambit design that i did see was a Michael Janich design made by David Dempsey,sort of a flared ridge on the blade designed to make any wound uh..."gape" for lack of a better term..........respects

OP
M

M F

Jerry Hossom introduce a new Karambit, designed by Guro Ray. It was not heat treated or sharpened, though, just there to introduce the design. I believe Guro Ray also did am impromptu demonstration of Sayoc Kali at some point. I have seen a few still pics of the demo at various knife related forums. I will see if I can get a pic to post.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you can get some pics, that'd be great.

Cthulhu

OP
M

M F

Cthulhu,
PM sent about this pic. Maybe you can get a pic up here tonight.

OP
R

Richard S.

that figures, Jerry Hossom was at the same set of tables as Mr.Simonich and the Strider guys and they were packed every time we tried to see them. i did see a couple of interesting things happen at Steve Taranis table though.......

OP
M

M F

Richard,
I think you should let us in on what you saw at Steve Tarani's table. :D

OP
R

Richard S.

ok, bear in mind i know jack about kerambit training, but most of what they did involved punch and knife defenses that evolved into a flow of constant cutting--a lot of joint attacking and such. i only saw them do this a couple of times but the cobb galleria is huge and there was lots of other stuff i wanted to check out. so im sure i missed a lot.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the kerambit in question.

Thanks to M F, who pointed me to the pic's location!

Cthulhu

Attachments

• $kerambitch1.jpg
    $kerambitch1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 231

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Richard S.
ok, bear in mind i know jack about kerambit training, but most of what they did involved punch and knife defenses that evolved into a flow of constant cutting--a lot of joint attacking and such. i only saw them do this a couple of times but the cobb galleria is huge and there was lots of other stuff i wanted to check out. so im sure i missed a lot.

You should get in touch with member Palusut. I think he's in N. Carolina and is the representative for Guro Dionaldo's system up there. He hosts Guro Ray a bit and could let you know when he'll be up there next. And you could also get together at other times to train as well.

Cthulhu

nahkohewalker

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes Mr. Dionaldo was there and he did bring one prototype. But it wasn't on display on a table he carried it around in a case.

Latest Discussions