1) Amen to that
2) Good God I had forgotten about Mooney. Yes, some people are more into the myth than the martial side of the arts.
3) Which goes back to what I said before ..training military people is not exactly what it seems. Odd how Gyi is not mentioned in the Marine Corps Martial Arts...
So I guess my question is if the guy has skill like some people claim then why does he need to make up fairy tales (read lies) about his past?
It would seem if he is really that skilled then his skills could stand on their own.
As far as teaching military and law enforcement It might sound...
His background and training are extremely questionable for starters. I have met a 4th or 5th dan from his group that showed me some of what he teaches ..nothing worked.
I also know a few people that went to seminars given by him and said waste of time and money.
Actually all techniques in karate kata are defensive/protection techniques and not meant for sport type sparring. Some can be adapted for sport but most werent made for use when rules must be adhered to.
Kata like Naihanchi look simple and straight forward but have extensive applications in...
1) Yes, and some people on MT have used that tag line as a defense when they post absolute crap and lie to our faces about it.
2) Yup, and it was moved to the proper place by your staff and then quickly locked AND while locked six posts from another thread were moved in.
3) To use your...
Maybe I am a bit confused.
The thread was split and part of it moved to the TGD section because it didnt belong in the Seminar section I understand that part ..as soon as it got to the appropriate section .TGD section is was locked down within 3 hours or so without a single response with no...
Here is something odd after mentioning the fact that the Calkins threads/flame wars were allowed to stay open for months with up to 220 replies and the Gyi thread with NO Replies was locked down the Calkins threads are now ironically locked down.
Just a coincidence I guess ...
Here is an unsigned negative ding I go for asking this question:
Against the rules? If it was against the rules then why did I not receive a warning from MT staff stating that posting public information is not allowed.
1) Obviously not so in this case. How is it the Calkins threads (about 6 of them) are still open with pages and pages of replies and the Gyi thread was locked before it ever got started?
2) Which the Dr Gyi thread is in and was locked as soon as it got threre.
Dude Not let me help YOU out.
I totally understand why the thread was split has I have said REPEATDLY.
Let me repeat my orginal question for those that are thinking impared ..WHY WAS IT LOCKED DOWN SO FACT IN THE GREAT DEBATE SECTION?
Again I ask since the thread was moved to the area by you based on the content for the specific purpose of debate why was it shutdown before a single reply was sent in?
There was no flame war? So it couldnt have been that ..no name calling, no nothing.
It was shut down prematurely for no...
1) Oh well I guess I will have to pay dearly for it in Hell then. Fact is I was writing this thread after I sent you a PM ..I had not read your reply until afterwards .and is there a problem with me posting this question?
2) Yeah thats just it ..seems like the whole Gyi thing really wants to...
I started this thread before you replied.
I know what you used an excuse for locking the thread but I can't say as I agree with it since there are MANY other threads still open with far more replies and infractions of MT rules.
I have no problem with the thread being split and moved to 'The Great Debate' since that is what it is for. My beef is why wasnt it given a chance to be debated like all the Clakin threads have been? It was locked up tighter than a Submarine door without a single reply...
OK I have a question.
I am curious as to the reason why a certain thread which only consisted of 3 posts (2 by me and 1 by the Mod that closed it) was shut down
Here is the thread
The reason given by the Mod was Thread locked...
Because the only criteria for entry into one is to give them some green paper with faces of dead Presidents on them. (money)
If you got that your in.
I seem to remember Ron Goninan payinf US $1,500 for his.
That's pretty desperate. I would rayther spend $1,500 on my family instead of some...