Zombieland!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay here comes the first in a wave of Zombie movies!
Eyecrazy.gif

[yt]rHpgMdyS7Sw&feature=yva-video-display[/yt]

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am as matter of principal very selective of the Zombie genre... this one ... I will probably watch because of Woody Harrelson who has been nothing short of an all around great actor. Comedy, drama, horror, whatever.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Peace,
Erik

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
I cannot WAIT to see this movie!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!

Oh crap, I forgot...there's no joyous squealing in kenpo, or zombie warfare either.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this movie, I'm a zombie nerd. Name the zombie movies, novel, comic and I've been there.

My favorites are the old school Romero style Zombies, rather than the fast, sorta intelligent modern zombies.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am a ZOMBIE freak from way back. This looks fun. Remember a blade never runs out of bullets, LOL.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this movie, I'm a zombie nerd. Name the zombie movies, novel, comic and I've been there.
What was the name of that Zombie superhero or something that Marvel Comic (or was it DC) put out a while back?? :uhyeah:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Speaking of zombies, I saw this book at a local store and thought it was a funny idea.

510xxfxxxgl_ss500.jpg

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you guys read "World War Z" by Max Brooks yet? If you have not, run out and get it, one of the best zombie novels I've ever read.

The short version is it's a journalist interviewing survivors of the zombie apocalypse. The book is structured where each chapter is a single person's interview from a different part of the world at escalating points in the plague. First chapter's an interview with a person from a small village in China where the first cases happened and it goes on from there through worldwide crisis, suffering, and the battle to retake the world. All first person, all riveting.

I think my favorite chapter was one where a little girl was interviewed who her family undertook the trip to drive from somewhere in the southern US to Alaska because the zombies freeze in the cold and they thought they could escape that way. The chapter is filled with such sadness, death and depravity it's stunning, and what makes it even worse is Max captured the character of a child in these circumstances so well.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you guys read "World War Z" by Max Brooks yet? If you have not, run out and get it, one of the best zombie novels I've ever read.

The short version is it's a journalist interviewing survivors of the zombie apocalypse. The book is structured where each chapter is a single person's interview from a different part of the world at escalating points in the plague. First chapter's an interview with a person from a small village in China where the first cases happened and it goes on from there through worldwide crisis, suffering, and the battle to retake the world. All first person, all riveting.

I think my favorite chapter was one where a little girl was interviewed who her family undertook the trip to drive from somewhere in the southern US to Alaska because the zombies freeze in the cold and they thought they could escape that way. The chapter is filled with such sadness, death and depravity it's stunning, and what makes it even worse is Max captured the character of a child in these circumstances so well.
I'll have to check it out... sounds... intriguing.

Omar did you recognize the comic I posted?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not the specific issue, but I read about it in a Marvel encyclopedia.

Yeah, check out "World War Z," you see the zombie conflict from all sides, kids, scientists in India, isolationists in Israel and Africa, Rich people locked away in luxury apartments built like prisons on Long Island.

Max Brooks also wrote "The Zombie Survival Guide" which is a companion piece to WWZ. It's pretty much like any survivalist book, but tailored to a dealing with zombies rather than nuclear fallout or what have you.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking of zombies, I saw this book at a local store and thought it was a funny idea.

510xxfxxxgl_ss500.jpg

A character in a recent movie (I can't remember which one though! I try to watch a lot of films/DVDs ...) was reading this book :)

Also worth checking out (at least my poetry professor keeps recommending it!) is Zombie Haiku :)