zombie apocolypse

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Without question, my brother. I only drink Rolling Rock, what shall I have waiting for you at the cabin? Chilled, of course.

Them poor zombies. F em!
I'll drink the Colt 45. I'll also take one of your Super Models. I think you called her an Officers model? We'll have no time for Zombies...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without question, my brother. I only drink Rolling Rock, what shall I have waiting for you at the cabin? Chilled, of course.

Them poor zombies. F em!
I'm up for this zombie party at the cabin. What do you want me to bring?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm up for this zombie party at the cabin. What do you want me to bring?

Anything you want, my brother! I suppose pizza would go with Zombie whacking, no?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I couldn't find this earlier, but if I had my buddies with me and we needed some more space.
taung1.jpg

We can go to the Haleakala cabin for the zombie whooping after party, but that place right there.....that's where we should all go to fight off the undead.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Four weapons:
1 - My suppressed Glock 41. Don't attract zombies with noise. High capacity. Accurate.
2 - A suppressed AR-15 with decent optics, the whole thing set up for medium-long range shooting. Same as above, but also good for hunting.
3 - A sword. Preferably a rapier or katana. Silent, and don't need to be reloaded.
4 - A good multitool. A toolbox in your pocket is useful.

Transport:
The Jeep I built a few years back. It will go literally anywhere.

Hidey Hole:
The 150 year old maximum security prison 30 miles from where I live. 40' high stone walls - zombie proof. Easy to clear out one cell at a time, which would make room for hundreds of survivors, allowing the possibility of starting a new civilization.

Some variant of this is most likely to be what will work.

Personally, I like 9mm for more ammo availability, yet 45 is a close second I would believe.
A range weapon, and the rifle is a good choice, as is the bow, ammo being the limiting factor on each.
A sword is good as well as it is a weapon that keeps working as long as you can swing it. Which goes to the lighter swords.
The multi-tool is a good choice for last minute blade usage to a tool box on your belt.

Of course the predisposes that the cure is not readily handy and I would take one for me, enough for family and friends and then as much as I could carry to distribute to others. And then food to help in the traveling. Of course the weapons above would help with that as well. As other humans will be as big a threat as well.

vehicle. The old diesel jeep with an aqua air intake and exhaust. The short frame and 4x4 could get you through tight European cities and through the country side as well. Diesel for fuel source and using bio diesel for fuel source as well.

Hide out, would be nice, and space is a great place assuming that the virus or infection is contained and not with those in space. Otherwise, one needs a place that provides cover and allows you to see the enemy as they approach (* Clear the country side around you *) and also has hidden exit(s) that only you or a few know about.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and a for my side arm I would have a black desert eagle with a assault riffle with he desert eagle and ar 15 both having unlimited rounds

Are you saying that you would chose an assault rifle? Or are you saying you'd chose an AR-15? Or are you saying that an AR-15 is an assault rifle? If the first, you would be unable to purchase an assault rifle as they were banned in 1934 for ownership by private citizens. If the second, an AR-15 is a viable option. If the third, an AR-15 is not an assault rifle.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are you saying that you would chose an assault rifle? Or are you saying you'd chose an AR-15? Or are you saying that an AR-15 is an assault rifle? If the first, you would be unable to purchase an assault rifle as they were banned in 1934 for ownership by private citizens. If the second, an AR-15 is a viable option. If the third, an AR-15 is not an assault rifle.
these are what im talking about

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 220px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg
    220px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 150

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My understaning is that fully automatic weapons are not actually banned, but the regulations are onerous enough that ownership is very impractical for the vast majority of people.

Of course part of the definition of the zombie apocalypse is the complete breakdown of society, including governments. So at that point if you manage to get your hands on one, well, there you are.

But I repeat my position that the "unlimited ammo" provision is utter ********.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
My understaning is that fully automatic weapons are not actually banned, but the regulations are onerous enough that ownership is very impractical for the vast majority of people.

Of course part of the definition of the zombie apocalypse is the complete breakdown of society, including governments. So at that point if you manage to get your hands on one, well, there you are.

But I repeat my position that the "unlimited ammo" provision is utter ********.
you can carry a lot of ammo in a rv and its a fantasy situation not reality

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you can carry a lot of ammo in a rv and its a fantasy situation not reality
It sure is a fantasy situation. And I don't buy it.

I may as well say, "I'm a millionth level wizard with unlimited Obliterate All spells and eternal Immunity From The Walking Dead and Plus 1 Billion advantage on my Savings Throw vs. Zombie Bites." At some point it's not even a fun fantasy, if you make yourself impervious. You may as well just go to the target range and shoot at empty beer cans, where you are actually safe. The zombie apocalypse has actual danger in it.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
It sure is a fantasy situation. And I don't buy it.

I may as well say, "I'm a millionth level wizard with unlimited Obliterate All spells and eternal Immunity From The Walking Dead and Plus 1 Billion advantage on my Savings Throw vs. Zombie Bites." At some point it's not even a fun fantasy, if you make yourself impervious. You may as well just go to the target range and shoot at empty beer cans, where you are actually safe. The zombie apocalypse has actual danger in it.
ok, whatever floats your boat buddy lol.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An assault rifle is a rifle that fires intermediate cartridges on select fire. Yes, most folks can't get a true assault rifle without jumping through a lot of hoops. An AR-15 does not qualify as an assault rifle despite what some politicians or journalist state.

In a true WROL situation then certainly you use whatever means is necessary for preservation.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
An assault rifle is a rifle that fires intermediate cartridges on select fire. Yes, most folks can't get a true assault rifle without jumping through a lot of hoops. An AR-15 does not qualify as an assault rifle despite what some politicians or journalist state.

In a true WROL situation then certainly you use whatever means is necessary for preservation.
Yes, I understand that.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Make sure you understand what a true assault rifle is rather than the media-created assault rifle.
I have actually had experience with the weapon on the left hand side, please educate me in=f there is some information I might be missing.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I mentioned above, the U.S. government defines an assault rifle as a rifle the fires an intermediate cartridge on select fire. As an example, an M-16 has a select fire switch. Position one discharges one round when the trigger is depressed. Position two fires a 3-round burst when the trigger is depressed. Position three fire continuously until it either runs out of ammo or the trigger is released.

And AR-15 has no select fire switch. If fires one round when the trigger is depressed the same as a handgun.

Unfortunately, many politicians and journalists think that AR stands for assault rifle. It does not. It stands for Armalite Rifle which is the company that developed the rifle. Both the M-16 and AR-15 fire the .223 and/or 5.56 rounds and they 'look' like each other but they are two different animals.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like I mentioned above, the U.S. government defines an assault rifle as a rifle the fires an intermediate cartridge on select fire. As an example, an M-16 has a select fire switch. Position one discharges one round when the trigger is depressed. Position two fires a 3-round burst when the trigger is depressed. Position three fire continuously until it either runs out of ammo or the trigger is released.

And AR-15 has no select fire switch. If fires one round when the trigger is depressed the same as a handgun.

Unfortunately, many politicians and journalists think that AR stands for assault rifle. It does not. It stands for Armalite Rifle which is the company that developed the rifle. Both the M-16 and AR-15 fire the .223 and/or 5.56 rounds and they 'look' like each other but they are two different animals.
And it's that burst and full-auto capability that gets it heavily regulated, to the point of "who needs it?"

But in the zombie apocalypse, regulations won't matter much. Go to an armory and drive off in a tank, if you have the access.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And it's that burst and full-auto capability that gets it heavily regulated, to the point of "who needs it?"

But in the zombie apocalypse, regulations won't matter much. Go to an armory and drive off in a tank, if you have the access.

Do soldiers ever go full auto with an assault rifle though?

Latest Discussions