Zen Ch'uan

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One those random searches brought this up. There is a academy near to me, but wondering if this is some kind of sport orientated Kung Fu?

"Activity Description Learn all aspects of Martial Arts, including self defense, karate, kickboxing, boxing, oriental weapons, tournament fighting."

The above snippet is from the web site, but suggests MMA really. Anyone around here know more about this? Just so happens the classes fall on the next day in regards to Wing Chun. From the little I looked at on Youtube, looks like lots of fun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
One those random searches brought this up. There is a academy near to me, but wondering if this is some kind of sport orientated Kung Fu?

"Activity Description Learn all aspects of Martial Arts, including self defense, karate, kickboxing, boxing, oriental weapons, tournament fighting."

The above snippet is from the web site, but suggests MMA really. Anyone around here know more about this? Just so happens the classes fall on the next day in regards to Wing Chun. From the little I looked at on Youtube, looks like lots of fun.

Kung Fu is an incredibly generic (albeit incorrect) label. Kung Fu is a category not a style....actually Kung Fu means hard work, which you do when training martial arts...and the proper term for marital arts is Wushu.... but I am solidly in clfsean's camp here...zen quan....... that is 2 different languages and that is a red flag to me

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's like Shaolin Do - an art mixing Japanese and Chinese terminology, created by an Indonesian. :rolleyes:

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yep, the name is all marketing.
But the content could be good or could be bad. It depends on the teacher. As for "all aspects," maybe there are multiple teachers, each of whom has a specialty.
The owner may be a good teacher who tried a traditional route and couldn't survive, so he took this route. Maybe his son came up with the name. Who knows?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crikey, my bad then. Suppose it is obvious that I would miss that. Considering I once accused Zen of being a make of hoover lol