Zeitgeist, The Movie -- Love it or Hate it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Clocking in at a little over 2 hours this film is in three parts. The first part deals with religion. The second with the 9/11 event and 3rd part dealing with the Banking conspiracy. The first part I didn't like too much mainly as I saw it as undermining people's faiths and beliefs. The second part was "old hat" 9/11 conspiracies re-reviewed but it's related to the third part which basically (for me) confirmed suspicions and ideas I've had for a while. I'm not alone on this either.
Call it truth or paranoia... the film does give one things to think about. Please if you are going to comment here for this particular thread... at least watch the film in it's entirety rather than stopping it mid-way and making comments.
I chose this version because it is subtitled in English (they have numerous subtitled versions in various languages). Easier for me to understand. Easier for the hearing impaired members of this forum to understand and equally participate if they choose to do so.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1817848131611744924&q=&hl=en

(video warning: strong language (though not overly done) and scenes of violence are interspersed through the film)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The film presents a conspiratorial world view throughout its entirety. Part I nuanced on several layers. The first is that our minds are being imprisoned by religious dogma and that a comparitive look at religion makes the whole edifice untenable. I'm not going to comment in detail on the veracity of some of the information, but suffice to say, I think the analysis is shallow.

Obviously, this doesn't seem to connect well with Parts II and III, but the second layer of Part I, which is spelled out in the long monologue at the beginning, sets the stage for the true connection. In short, Part I is basically saying, "if religion, something so near and dear to people's hearts, is false or has a far deeper history or explanation then anyone guessed, then what else could wrong?"

I think the movie does a poor job summing this up. There could have been more connection in order to make this more powerful.

As far as Part II and III go, you have to decide what you want to believe and what you don't want to. The movie makes a point at the beginning that some ideas are safer then others in regards to the over structures in which people surround themselves. This is a very complicated double edged sword that many people misunderstand.

For example, take Part II and III, the 9-11 conspiracy and the banking conspiracy. Many people will reject these no matter what evidence may arise simply because it is too dangerous to the overall structure that their lives inhabit. They simply do not want to live in a world where something like this could occur.

On the other hand, many people will accept this material no matter what evidence to the contrary may appear. The apparent fact that a worldwide financial oligarchy that has so much power and has perfected management of the sheeple to such a degree that they could create acts the kill thousands (or millions) of them in order to further their own agendas, doesn't seem to phase them in the slightest.

My overall opinion on the movie is mixed. I thought they painted far too many as the former and clearly showed themselves to be the latter. Both of these POVs could benefit from synthesis, but the movie was hellbent on divisiveness. Sure, the movie shared some interesting tidbits of information, but I think it was far too simplistic.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines too... but I do know that wars are often begun to further the building of empires. It's been that way for centuries. Egyptians done it, Romans done it, Alexander, Gengsis Khan, the Crusades have done it and so on... There's huge profits to be made during war times.

The other ideas well yeah, simplistic but have that nagging tickling in the back of the throat that you just can't scratch called an element of truth... or at least the feel of truth.

The 9/11 conspiracies have been done to death and maybe that's the idea to hash and re-hash it all over and over that we just look at it like another Kennedy Assassination or Roswell conspiracy... been done over so many times that it's just regarded with a sigh and a "lets move on shall we?" attitude. Mainly because we inwardly know that we'll probably NEVER find out the whole truth behind it all anyway. So why bother beating your head on a iron door that won't open?

As to the Banking schemes. Well yeah it makes sense ... if you can MAKE the money and distribute it out and take it back at will... gee of course you can control the people and the government. But IS that what's really happening?
A lot of the original bankers are now dead and their sons and grandsons are holding the reins... are they following their daddy's footsteps or outline?

Latest Discussions