Zane & Busey in anti-american Turkish movie

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/index.html

well, i guess you can say it's all fair in war and fantasy, americans' have portrayed evil muslims/arabs in numerous movies past and present but zane and busey actually playing a sadistic american soldier and a evil "jewish" doctor in a storyline that uses current events in iraq... well..:idunno:

they may not be top performers but they aren't unknowns-- choosing a role that is striclty anti-semetic, anti-american and feeding into a muslim world's already paranoid and vengeful state-of-mind seems like a poor choice.

opinions?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
jazkiljok said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/index.html

well, i guess you can say it's all fair in war and fantasy, americans' have portrayed evil muslims/arabs in numerous movies past and present but zane and busey actually playing a sadistic american soldier and a evil "jewish" doctor in a storyline that uses current events in iraq... well..:idunno:

they may not be top performers but they aren't unknowns-- choosing a role that is striclty anti-semetic, anti-american and feeding into a muslim world's already paranoid and vengeful state-of-mind seems like a poor choice.

opinions?
:erg: WTF
icon5.gif
:erg: That's kind of surreal. Do they just need the money or what?

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Two more Hollywood losers to add to my "don't bring that crap into my house" list.

Pax
Cujo

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Well, at least it's not a cartoon making fun of The Prophet.
If it had been that, they'd have been killed when they entered Turkey.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Making money on a movie that can only contribute to the ill feelings and violence towards Americans is, in my opinion, treasonous. This is not a case of their holding an upopular, if erroneous, political view - this is them engaging in deliberate falsehood contrary to the interests of their country.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Making money on a movie that can only contribute to the ill feelings and violence towards Americans is, in my opinion, treasonous. This is not a case of their holding an upopular, if erroneous, political view - this is them engaging in deliberate falsehood contrary to the interests of their country.
That's definitely a first in hollywood.....not.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:

I think it is only treason if there is actual war going on. So I would say that they are traitors in the war of ideas.

Bussey's charecter is a Jewish doctor who takes organs from Arab patients and sells them in New York. How can he claim that he did not think that it would deeped the already entrenched anti-semitism if everyone knows he is Jewish?

I can see them making an anti-American or anti-war film. But seeing as how they had to know that this movie would help anti-semitism, I can't help but say that they themselves are bigots.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
I think it is only treason if there is actual war going on. So I would say that they are traitors in the war of ideas.

Bussey's charecter is a Jewish doctor who takes organs from Arab patients and sells them in New York. How can he claim that he did not think that it would deeped the already entrenched anti-semitism if everyone knows he is Jewish?

I can see them making an anti-American or anti-war film. But seeing as how they had to know that this movie would help anti-semitism, I can't help but say that they themselves are bigots.
Are we all absolutely positive this isn't just a big joke? I mean, it's almost too surreal, even for hollywood.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Are we all absolutely positive this isn't just a big joke? I mean, it's almost too surreal, even for hollywood.
Guess not.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493264/ I guess prostitution isn't a lost art in hollywood.

Gary Bussey's next project, after 'Valley of the Wolve's' is entitled 'Souled Out' which is about someone selling their soul to the devil. Oh the irony.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:

That's true - but I meant treasonous in a moral, rather than a strictly legal sense.

After I read Paul Johnson's "A History of the Jews" (great book, BTW), I lost all tolerance for this kind of racist propaganda. He makes the point that the Jewish people know that action (violence) eventually follows rhetoric. How could these two actors do this? They must NOT have a conscience.

Martial Talk's profanity policy prevents me from stating my views on their conduct and character in the manner in which I would like to.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:

Ain't Hollywood. Two guys who did movies in Hollywood are now doing a Turkish movie.

Most people will not even know that Bussey and Zane are making a movie that will help millions of people solidify their hatred towards Jews.

Can you name even five people who have done commercials in Japan? Then how can we expect people to treat these guys like the bigots they seem to be?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Ain't Hollywood. Two guys who did movies in Hollywood are now doing a Turkish movie.

Most people will not even know that Bussey and Zane are making a movie that will help millions of people solidify their hatred towards Jews.

Can you name even five people who have done commercials in Japan? Then how can we expect people to treat these guys like the bigots they seem to be?
These two represent Hollywood, though the movies they're making now aren't strictly Hollywood movies. I have to think that these two are just taking the money and running. I think this issue is less ideological, and more two morons, one a has-been the other a barely-ever-was, who will do anything for a pay-day. I note that Bussey has several foreign pictures on his plate. They must be paying considerably more than he's able to bank in Hollywood.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hollywood has produced tons of films that were chock full of propaganda and lies in order to sway opinion in the US. Heck, the pentagon even has a program that helps pay for them. Why should it surprise us that another country would do the same? Despite the fact that these two actors are/were Americans, I don't see much difference between the propaganda filled, wholley inaccurate and ultimately racist films our country has made in the past. Par for the course, I say...

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, but I don't know about these to losers being The Representatives for Hollywood. Maybe it could be said that their actions are representative of typical Hollywood ideology, but I don't think they are much more than that.

It think it's CHIC within the Hollywood set (wether shot in Hollywood or by Hollywood producers or not.... it's a general reference to an industry) to put their fingers into socio-political pies and stir in some dirt.
Just my opinion.

I know I'll NEVER go to or rent a movie staring these two idiots. But that's the power of the consumer. I'll not make a dent in how they are percieved, but I'll stand for what I believe with my $8.00.

Your Brother
John

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Totally irresponsible. But considering who the actors are.... they definatley need the money. LOL. I mean, what's the last think Busey did? Wasn't it Celebrity Fit Club or something like that? ROFL. It's just sad that they would do something like this for money. Some people have no integrity.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
celtic_crippler said:
Totally irresponsible. But considering who the actors are.... they definatley need the money. LOL. I mean, what's the last think Busey did? Wasn't it Celebrity Fit Club or something like that? ROFL. It's just sad that they would do something like this for money. Some people have no integrity.
I think you're right, it's complete prostitution, pure and simple. They needed the money. I wonder how much they got paid for this tripe.

Latest Discussions