Zachary made the Texas team

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As alot of you know my oldest son Zachary is in love with Olympic TKD, this past weekend was tryouts for the Texas state TKD team and by the grace of God he made the team. He will be leaving on July 14 to head to Mexico and watch the World championships and do alot of training with special groups. This will be one of the greatest moments for him so far. He has come a long way since his shoulder tear two years ago and he is looking to make his mark at USAT Nationals this year.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good news for him and for you, Terry. IMO, those kinds of (positive) things are good for YOUR health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great Job Zack.....that is a good team to make.....Texas has aLot of great fighters!

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
He will be leaving on July 14 to head to Mexico and watch the World championships and do alot of training with special groups.
Just curious - how does it work financially? Do parents pay for everything?

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congrats Zachary! I remember when I made the WV state team, it was a proud moment indeed! Admittedly, I'm sure Zach had a harder road to making the team, coming from Texas, you all always had a huge team with stiff competition!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just curious - how does it work financially? Do parents pay for everything?

No sir here it is covered by the state organization, the athlete has a small portion to pay compare to the actual cost and that is too make sure nobody backs out. Luckily Zachary Grandfather agreed to take care of that for him.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Zachary! I remember when I made the WV state team, it was a proud moment indeed! Admittedly, I'm sure Zach had a harder road to making the team, coming from Texas, you all always had a huge team with stiff competition!

Thank you Master Rush, There was over 90 people there and only 16 made it I believe.

Latest Discussions