Zachary last fight at the AAU qualifier

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys, drop the sniping, OK?

If there was a problem with the competitor's sportsmanship, the coaches, refs, judges, and staff at the events can address it. I do believe there is a mechanism for opposing coaches to address sportsmanship issues, as well.

JKS it is Ok because it is about me and my son Zach, if he feel like Zach was being a bad sport that is his right. Just for the record I have cleared all this up, his quick fighting stance was because his coach not me told him to stay ready just in case he got up. as soon as the coach saw that the competitor was hurt he told Zach to relax which he did. Sometime people tend to put to much into something, his own instructor and coach never got up to see if he was OK until medic came over and said he could get up. I really wish people would understand what happen after the match that was not on video. Zachary is a great kid even though he act more of a man than most he is just 16 and has alot to learn but one thing for sure is the fact is Zachary has nothing but respect for every competitor out there.

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I got knocked out twice in my TKD fighting adventure and my opponent definately did not hovered over me to see if I'm ok.

I believed my opponent went over to ether coach and wait.

I believed as a rule, when a fighter is KOed, the center ref would clear the fighters and do the standing 10 counts at the same time call for medic.

The kid that got KOed, he is ok, I trained with him the following Tuesday. He is doing fine and back on the saddle again.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got knocked out twice in my TKD fighting adventure and my opponent definately did not hovered over me to see if I'm ok.

I believed my opponent went over to ether coach and wait.

I believed as a rule, when a fighter is KOed, the center ref would clear the fighters and do the standing 10 counts at the same time call for medic.

The kid that got KOed, he is ok, I trained with him the following Tuesday. He is doing fine and back on the saddle again.

Thank you for the update, Master Cha has already said he was fine. Taekwondodo you know if you or Master cha feels Zachary did anything wrong please let him know so he can make amends to you and the school, as you know I believe in bringing my boys up properly. I guess I will see you in Auistin maybe even go have a drink or two if you have time.

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't think there is a problem with Zach. He did what he was trained to do and so was our fighter. Unfortunately, our fighter was too slow, hesitant, and not confident enough. The fighter with the faster kick will wins. *shrug

I think I have to qualified for 1st Master in Austin don't I? TX state championship stated, all I have to "participate" in Poomsae, and I will advanced to National. Their wording on the package is screwed up. TX state I mean.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think there is a problem with Zach. He did what he was trained to do and so was our fighter. Unfortunately, our fighter was too slow, hesitant, and not confident enough. The fighter with the faster kick will wins. *shrug

I think I have to qualified for 1st Master in Austin don't I? TX state championship stated, all I have to "participate" in Poomsae, and I will advanced to National. Their wording on the package is screwed up. TX state I mean.

We still need to set sometime a side for the poomsae training for the boys.....
icon14.gif

Tony49

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First, congratulations on the win. Second, I agree with your son, it did not look like a very hard kick in fact in look very slow and executed with control. (basing the slow comment on the fact that video usually makes you look faster). With out a better view angle I thing the heal to the front of the face(nose) might of scared that individual more than anything. Specially if the nose was hit the eyes tend to tear up.

Third, as per the rules everyone did what they were supposed to do but at every tournament I have been too (Non-WTF TKD) the coach at least gets up to see how there student is doing and the other competitor returns to their corner. I could understand waiting for the ten second count before checking. Not criticizing anyone for their actions it just seem like a long time went by before anyone did anything. I know you send the medic was there right after the camera went off. But at tournaments like this medics might be helping in another ring or in another building for the big tournaments. Just something different.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
First, congratulations on the win. Second, I agree with your son, it did not look like a very hard kick in fact in look very slow and executed with control. (basing the slow comment on the fact that video usually makes you look faster). With out a better view angle I thing the heal to the front of the face(nose) might of scared that individual more than anything. Specially if the nose was hit the eyes tend to tear up.

Third, as per the rules everyone did what they were supposed to do but at every tournament I have been too (Non-WTF TKD) the coach at least gets up to see how there student is doing and the other competitor returns to their corner. I could understand waiting for the ten second count before checking. Not criticizing anyone for their actions it just seem like a long time went by before anyone did anything. I know you send the medic was there right after the camera went off. But at tournaments like this medics might be helping in another ring or in another building for the big tournaments. Just something different.

No, it wasn't a vicious hit just precise as his head was coming forward hitting forehead and orbital. Medical was slow in responding since they were called as he was falling and during the count. Coaches aren't supposed to enter the ring unless they are invited by the referee and generally won't be invited until Medical has seen their player.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, it wasn't a vicious hit just precise as his head was coming forward hitting forehead and orbital. Medical was slow in responding since they were called as he was falling and during the count. Coaches aren't supposed to enter the ring unless they are invited by the referee and generally won't be invited until Medical has seen their player.

TX_BB was the center ref for the match and I believe he is good at being a ref. Zachary still does not believe he hit him that hard just was at the right spot.

Tony49

Orange Belt
Reaction score
TX_BB was the center ref for the match and I believe he is good at being a ref. Zachary still does not believe he hit him that hard just was at the right spot.

Just out of curiosity since head kicks for knockouts are common do you guys work on neck condition/strength to help prevent knock outs. Granted if you get hit on the temple or behind the ear it wont matter.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity since head kicks for knockouts are common do you guys work on neck condition/strength to help prevent knock outs. Granted if you get hit on the temple or behind the ear it wont matter.

I would say we take the same approach as a boxer does for a fight. You prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How did Zack do at US Open?

He lost in the 14 - 17 year old division and he is going again tomorrow in the 18 - 32 and will post his fights when I get back home. I also post the fights he looses because I like to get feed back and so does he. Puunui thank you for asking.

Latest Discussions