Zachary has a announcement, well daddy does

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most of you know my son Zachary well he decided it was time to get married. That is right my 19 year old son married his TKD girlfriend. They are happy and they both still train and have hopes of National teams and the Olympics one day. I just cannot believe he is married, of course me my wife will gradly support them until they finish college and support them on all there tournaments. Well guess I need to come out of retirement and get a real job. HA HA HA

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to your and Zach Sir. May they have many happy years together.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow...doesn't seem that long ago that we were whacking each other with smak stiks in Buffalo. Congratulations!!

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats, I could not imagine having my little Hannah (2 yrs old) going off and getting married, she needs to stay small forever! ....a parent can dream can't they!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to both you and them! :)

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is right my 19 year old son married his TKD girlfriend. They are happy and they both still train and have hopes of National teams and the Olympics one day. I just cannot believe he is married, of course me my wife will gradly support them until they finish college and support them on all there tournaments. Well guess I need to come out of retirement and get a real job. HA HA HA
I've been humming and hawing and posting some questions. I don't want to seem disrespectful, so please treat the questions as a discussion.

1) Any thoughts about a son getting married, but still relying on parents for support? To me it seems premature to get married without being able to support yourself.
2) Any thoughts about adult children relying on parents to pursue athletics (rather than working)?

Kids relying on parents is something I notice more now. The extreme was a mid 50's guy at work who said he was travelling about 5 hours to see his son on the weekend. I asked if they were going to do anything special, and he said he was just going to do some cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. He said that if he didn't do these things, his kid probably wouldn't. When he said his kid was 24, I was going to ask if his kid was retarded, but I figured I'd leave it at that.

Of course your kid is nothing like that, but I just notice it more now when parents say they are supporting their adult kids.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1) Any thoughts about a son getting married, but still relying on parents for support? To me it seems premature to get married without being able to support yourself.

He did not ask me for my support, we offered it. He is in college and is trying to be on the 2106 Olympic team. My job as a parent is to help him full fill his dreams, sometimes love gets in the way. I have no problem having them live with me, He has helped me run my Dojaang since he has been ten, most people on this site know how family orrentated I am.

2) Any thoughts about adult children relying on parents to pursue athletics (rather than working)?

He does work he runs my day care program in the afternoon and helps runs my school at night, stills trains six hours a day and goes to college full time and he is a A&B student. His wife helps out with the school as well and goes to school and competes. He is not a typical 19 year old, he acts more like a 30 year old that has learn how to manage time. So Like I said I ave no problem helping him and his wife.