Yup ,i got my butt kicked

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was sparring in class for the first time with a yellow belt (i'm still senior white)and thought i was going to take it slow because i thought we were both new to this ,when all of a sudden BAM!,WAP!THUD! the dude hit me three times before i even got my guard.i couldn't do anything but laugh .he told me he received his black belt in TKD but had to start over in Kyuki-Do....guess theres nothing wrong with a good butt woopin' once in a while.....OUCH!!!!:rolleyes:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That will happen from time to time, stay with it and remember. That way revenge is so much greater.
Terry

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
it's very smart of the person!
he couldnt see his new YELLOW belt, but couldnt he see YOUR WHITE one?!
how nice and smart!!

write this down, and i'll try to remind you. the day you get your blackbelt go and kick his butt :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ain't nothing wrong with a good but kicking! Glad you had a good time Greg. :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doncha hate it when that happens?

Take notes, Greg. Also ... he should be sparring you on your level, not his. Just take notes.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think he should've sparred on your level, however, I'm glad you had fun!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No shame there..I got my butt whipped by this drop dead stunning female once..Talk about a humbling experience..

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the "butt whooped" club. We have lots of members! :)

xayvong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
getting your butt whooped is alright, but the guy should've taken it easy on you. Whats the point in proving you could beat up a beginner belt, oh and by the way, glad you had fun.^_^
icon12.gif

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I too am a member of the "Got my butt whooped club." However it happened like this. I was in a tournament a few years ago sparring as an orange belt (White, Yellow, Orange etc.) Well I did a fabulous side kick and knocked my opponent down. I never got back in on him again. Nope this guy somehow kept kicking me in the head with the stuff called quick feet. I found out the opponent of mine was a dan in karate and a yellow with green promotable stripe in the center of his belt.

It was a good experience, however I still think he should have competed in the black belt division.

As everyone said before, "Take notes and hang in there."

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Welcome to the "butt whooped" club. We have lots of members! :)
Well add one more member.One good thing out of this is the guy did stay after class and showed me what he was doing and how to execute it.It's all good.:) :) :)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn "Ringers"....at least the guy had the good enough grace to help you out afterwards.

Sometimes those types know what they know and want everyone else to know it,too. Not necessarily a *bad* guy...but maybe needs grow a bit,eh? Either way,you learned something..even if it's how not to act.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
... he should be sparring you on your level, not his.

As shesucla notes, that added experience makes a significant difference. Had it been me and I was training in a discipline outside my primary art I'm sure I would go easy on newbies. Why go at someone like that who's a novice in the MAs anyway? What does it prove?

White Fox

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who sparred a female he didn't want to get his butt whipped so he used Tai Chi on her and won. Nothing against women at all but I guess not many guys want to loose in a fight to a girl LOL!!!!!!!!!

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
White Fox said:
I have a friend who sparred a female he didn't want to get his butt whipped so he used Tai Chi on her and won. Nothing against women at all but I guess not many guys want to loose in a fight to a girl LOL!!!!!!!!!

I've come across some female martial artists that are very good and easily could kick some guys' asses, err butts. So a dude getting blasted by these girls shouldn't be so surprising, unexpected or embarrasing. One wouldn't be doing a LOL at that if he were on the receiving end of a beat down I'm sure... :uhyeah:

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thats one of the toughest things i need to get passed is fighting a female competitor.I've always been taught not to hit women ,so i have tendency to not hit hard or fast.Not to imply women are not able to fight its just hard to get passed the way i was raised.Anyone else have this problem?:idunno:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, initially, it is a difficult thing for us that have been raised under a different mantality to get used to. Think of it like this though. They are also a student of the martial arts. They train for a reason just like you do. Holding back does them a discourtesy. Just like you, they need to know what works and what doesn't. What will hold a full grown adult male at bay. I'm not saying to cause them unnecessary harm, but they, often more so than we, need to learn. There's no substitute for reality.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr King alot of gentleman have that same problem, it takes time and control to be able to go all out on a woman. It will come and when it does control will be there as well.
Terry

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I first started in my martial arts school I got beat up every class for months. Eventually you will get better and get hit less. Then learn when to block and counter. Everything takes time.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure there is something written in Sun Tzu's The Art of war about learning from defeat! So ask yourself what did you learn from him? He was fast and you underestimated him! Never underestimate anyone! watch him closely and see how he spars! When i'm in sanshou class I like to watch people as they spar and get an idea of their style. One guy kept getting me with a good roundhouse kick and I learned how he did it. He would have his lead leg raised cocked, ready but from that position he could do either a hook, roundhouse or side kick!

There is no shame in losing but if you don't learn you will always fail! A friend of mine is overly aggressive in his taekwondo class and mostly uses his boxing skills and has been warned for using excessive force. If someone makes contact with a good kick, he doesn't compliment them on it but just gets angry and unleashes his fists on them! Its got to the point now where he has been banned for 2 weeks from sparring and he seems to be proud of this!

If i am in the situation where i'm sparring and i'm winning I will want to point out people's mistakes so they can learn and even give pointers because we should be learning from each other as well as mutual respect no matter what art we practice.

Latest Discussions