YouTube Series

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh lord I cannot force myself to watch it as it is so bad! You are right those are kid's bows as I bought one for my child when he was eleven. Those bows are somewhere around seventeen pounds.

blink13

Green Belt
Reaction score
Old boy looks like he knows his way around a buffet, too.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh lord I cannot force myself to watch it as it is so bad! You are right those are kid's bows as I bought one for my child when he was eleven. Those bows are somewhere around seventeen pounds.

On the contrary, I find it hilarious and am posting as much encouragement and accolades I can. These guys need a movie length presentation to fully capture what they are trying to bring across.

Kajowaraku

Green Belt
Reaction score
On the contrary, I find it hilarious and am posting as much encouragement and accolades I can. These guys need a movie length presentation to fully capture what they are trying to bring across.

"Being overweight is not an objection for martial arts?" :)

OP
Muawijhe

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know my way around a buffet. *pats belly*
In fact, I ninja creep around it as I use ancient techniques to load my plate without the cute girls noticing.

But seriously, that guy does have some skill. If I'm ever in the woods, and fail to notice a guy my size prowling over fallen logs in the open, wearing a non-naturally occuring colour across his whole body, then I'll be more than worried if he gets within 10-15 feet of me with that bow, and I stand there shaking in my pantaloons for the 8 seconds it takes him to load an draw it.

5 throwing stars on posting that clip. His series is great entertainment. I wouldn't mind seeing a feature length video, where he and his buddy go to Japan to track down his long lost secret master. It'd be like Borat, only...

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I personally think we should inform the authorities about these 'terrorist training camps' because now we have established that they are not practicing anything authentic, and they themselves claim not to be play acting or larping, what else can they be? :D

They would not stand a chance here in the UK, where a Brazilian can get shot dead simply for being in a hurry whilst having the barefaced cheek to exhibit a skin colour similar to some middle eastern peoples. Imagine the itchytriggerfingered copper with an HK being faced with a grown man with a goatee dressed in black and gesticulating in an indeterminate manner! :D

OP
Muawijhe

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
On second thought, having watched some more of those and the Danbo ones...

I still think his "training" videos are horrendous, and a li'l too serious, though he certainly has a love for whatever it is he does.

However, the ones where they tell their little stories are entertaining in a way, despite the low production. I mean, not my creative output, but I remember growing up wanting to make movies in the woods in my backyard. Watching those are entertaining and take me back to when I was 13 or 14, doing the same thing (crawling around, prentending I was a ninja, or samurai, or special forces soldier, or anything by the nerdy teenager I was). =D

Kajowaraku

Green Belt
Reaction score
they have even more quality features up on "ewetube"... I'm not going to inflict them on the unprepared, but if you're up for some edutainment you should really give them a look... (i admit, it's bordering on morbidity to actually consider, but still, it IS great fun) Besides, there's alot worse things out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYC...B765CC35D&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=3

to give just one example...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The thing I find amusing, is that if you have a background in the arts, watch or maybe attend a class here and there in other styles, etc... you can totaly watch some of the videos online and go "Hey that guy's Ninjutsu is actually Wing Chung/Escrima/Taekwondo, etc... the styles are clearly not Japanese at all."

*shrug*

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The thing I find amusing, is that if you have a background in the arts, watch or maybe attend a class here and there in other styles, etc... you can totaly watch some of the videos online and go "Hey that guy's Ninjutsu is actually Wing Chung/Escrima/Taekwondo, etc... the styles are clearly not Japanese at all."

*shrug*

or made up entirely from movies and other peoples' youtube clips. I am guessing these people have never seen an mma fight in their lives, or are labouring under the fantasy that sports arts don't hurt in the real world and are something completely different.

what really makes me jump up and down is the pointless geticulatory posturing they do after each movement.

Kajowaraku

Green Belt
Reaction score
what really makes me jump up and down is the pointless geticulatory posturing they do after each movement.

Ah, perhaps it is a secret kuzushi, designed to unbalance you and test your fudoshin. In that case it would not be pointless :) . Besides, i think the crowd under discussion is mainly into whatever it is they do for the sake of "kewl" and possibly some self-gratification or quenching of existential uncertainties inherent to living in our nice post-post modern society, where the deconstructed is chopped up and reconstructed into a marvelous bricolage of ideas: ultimatily resulting in the immeasurable production of countless piles of pure crap.

these are interesting times my friend.

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, I could scour the interwebs looking for people to mock but all those hours sat on my backside might leave me ending up looking like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kajowaraku

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well Mulletninja does actually have autism. That actually *is* an explenation and kind of voids the need for excuses. Perhaps not the best nor most well selected example around.