Youroshiku onegai shimasu!

leathej1

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi - just checking in from Chandler, AZ. I am currently studying Kenjutsu and would like to study Iaido very soon. My background is in internal arts such as Kempo, Aikido and Baghua. I also have a strong addiction to Taiga dramas.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I think you'll find many similar things in iado and the aikido you've studied. The foot work should be very close.

OP
leathej1

leathej1

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow, friendly group! Thanks for the warm welcome, and a special shoutout to my New York peeps.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Konnichi wa, Leathe, hajimemashite.

Which style of iai are you looking into studying? Regardless, it'll be a pleasure to have another slinger-of-steel around the place :tup:.

OP
leathej1

leathej1

White Belt
Reaction score
Konnichi wa, Leathe, hajimemashite.

Which style of iai are you looking into studying? Regardless, it'll be a pleasure to have another slinger-of-steel around the place :tup:.

Well, the most logical would be Araki Ryu, since Kenshin Dojo is in Phoenix. I am also reading a book on Eishin Ryu right now. There is also a Shinkendo school close by, if I get the urge to cut things. Right now, I am taking it slow and putting my effort into kenjutsu.