Your worst moment in the dojang

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
1.) sparring and got spun down, bruised the miniscus <SP?> in my knee and was out for a month.

2.) having to leave my first instructor after we moved.

3.) sparring and having my right knee meet my opponent's right knee - same knee that was hurt previously. I've since bought a set of judo knee pads - helps TREMENDOUSLY

4.) showing new black belts how to do basic figure eights with nunchuckas and would up tossing them right into the mirrored wall - thank God nothing broke.

5.) in my old school we would wear our "school approved" groin protection outside our dobak - big honkin' padded thing with a huge belt that was VERY uncomfortable to wear. First sparring session in my new school and here I come with my protection on the outside and everyone (about a dozen adults and 20 kids) staring at me.... took me about 30 seconds of looking around until I realized what was up, I beat a hasty retreat and did some quick readjustments. That night I was online getting my Shock Dr. cup.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My instructor got an arm-bar in on me while grappling and my elbow gave three loud pops with some crackling noises between the pops. He thought he may have broke his cup at first. I hadn't tapped because it didn't hurt (until later). He let go as soon as he heard the noises. I'm not sure what happened to my elbow, but it has been over a month and it still hurts at times.

Anyway, I am now much more willing to tap before I actually feel pain. Well, I think I am, I haven't been in the situation yet.

I've also had the shin clash deal like tkdgirl that hurt for a couple months.

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
when i was a green belt i did a jump side kick that i landed on the floor so hard i wore a knee brace for two months. other than that, its not pretty when only a few students show up rather than the whole class

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hmm worst moment would be watching one of my good friends and training partners kill her knee, she ended up with a torn acl and had to take about 9 months of light or almost no training. She had always been like super woman to me in class so watching her get that injerd really affected me.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Worst moment for me, planting a jump spinning back kick in the mouth of one of my instructor's intermediate students. Launched him acrossed the ring. It was terrible, in that, I could not stop it without destroying him.

For me, my worst injury was in my Sho-dan test. Final night of sparring and I did the 50 man fight. My nose was shatered 1 week prior. We stopped 2 time to re-pack my nose to keep it from bleeding on the floor.